fibreglass kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talented talons said:
I also use star nails fibreglass and haven't had any probs with it, can't comment on the fabric side of things as never used it, but i am looking into the EZ Flow's fibreglass as well. I would just say try as many as you can to find what works best for you.

I think people come on this site to get genuine recommendations and to ask for help.

Many of the full time technicians on this site recommend what they like and usually give good reasons as to why they recommend the product they are using. Colour, beauty, ease, long lasting, competition winner etc.

In my opinion it is no help at all for anyone to be told .... try as many as you can and see which one works best for you. Why should anyone bother to ask anyone's opinion if this is the answer. I sure wouldn't want to use products that dont 'work for me' on my clients just to find out which one does.!!

If I asked this question on a site and the vast majority of people said I like XYZ then I'd sure as hell try XYZ.

thanxs guys i agree with gigi , fabric seems to be the most popular xx

Geeg, may i just say that i was never trained to use a specific product unfortunately my training was crap. Even though i was always asking what product is best everyone works differently to other people and yes its great to hear what other people use but because they use it does it mean you will? ive tried the edge as recommended ive tried the IBD as recommended ive tried stuff from Beauty Express but none of them i have enjoyed working with so i got the NSI Balance Gel sample kit reasonably priced and i now absolutely love it i dont think Wendy meant it in the way it has come across more along the lines of like my experience you may try a product as someone else likes it but cant guarentee it will work for you.

I really agree with wot you have said Kelly. Loads ov people on this site recommend EZ- flow and Creative acrylic and I hav therefore tried them but these don't work for me and luckily I hav found one that I am more suited with. However I now want to start learning how to do fibreglass and won't be happy until I've tried Ez-flows, opi's and the fabric system. Then I will b content that I am using wot is right for me.

Well I really have to argue this case.

I can work with ANY product.
And I think any product will work for any technician who knows her/his stuff.
BUT some products are limited in what THEY can do for a technician.
some things you cannot change about a product no matter how good you are as a technician.

some discolour
Some do not adhere well
Some age very quickly and become brittle
some are just not pretty
some are very hard
some are difficult to handle

I think this excuse of it 'not working for you' means the technician does not know how to use it. All products Work But some have all the extras as well.
If I make a recommendation then it is because the product is excellent. Not just cause I like it personally but because it does all the things a great product should do. In my book that means a product my clients will love me for using.

i think my main problem is i haven't done wraps since assesment, and hadn't done them before that since starting my course, so my main problem is very clearly experience, and at the time did not like wraps at all. the product i had was very brittle, and it yellowed very quickly. but since joining the geek, i really wanna give fabric# a go, as everyone really raves about it!

hi what ere the best nail tips to use with the fabric system??? also what is included in the salon starter kit does it include files etc???

Sometimes you can't always afford the best so have to go with what you can afford, then as you get more clients and more money you can then afford more training and better products, which includes CREATIVE.

You just have to do what you want to do at the time, and go with it. As most prefer Fabric# then thats great go for that if you can, if not try EZ Flow for instance.

Only my opinion.

emmalouisa said:
hi what ere the best nail tips to use with the fabric system??? also what is included in the salon starter kit does it include files etc???

Hi Love

I think lol as its been a long time since I tried the TRY ME KIT, you get the three different resins, brush on activator, spray activator silk/fibreglass strips nozzle, and a small scrub fresh oh and instructions of course.
In The salon kit you get all of the above bigger bottles of build and boost I think, a black velvet file 1 x Koala buffer 100 velocity tips and a larger scrubfresh.
Hope this helps

Take care Dawnie xxxx

geeg said:
Well I really have to argue this case.

I can work with ANY product.
And I think any product will work for any technician who knows her/his stuff.
BUT some products are limited in what THEY can do for a technician.
some things you cannot change about a product no matter how good you are as a technician.

some discolour
Some do not adhere well
Some age very quickly and become brittle
some are just not pretty
some are very hard
some are difficult to handle

I think this excuse of it 'not working for you' means the technician does not know how to use it. All products Work But some have all the extras as well.
If I make a recommendation then it is because the product is excellent. Not just cause I like it personally but because it does all the things a great product should do. In my book that means a product my clients will love me for using.
I so agree with this Gigi..................
I have been a fibreglass Technician for about 13 years now.............
And I have tried all sorts of brands..................
But the brand I was looking for was one that gave me the L&P look, but using fibreglass, nothing ever did come quiet up to my expectations and yes they are very high !!!!!!
Now all systems I used where ok and I could get pretty good results..........
If you understand the workings of fibreglass then you can do anything with it. ... overlay, sculpt and create beautiful enhancements...........
But most and I don't disrespect any brand, but they do have some limitations..... my main one was, breaking down with ageing and use in water. ... as most of my city clients are Gym addicts so they are in the pool every day. ... so I found that other brands where showing signs of premature ageing...... nothing to do with my application, but the quality of the resin and activators.........
When I tried the Fabric# kit I tough yea yea yea , heard it all before........
But I was impressed and it takes a lot to impress me !!!!!
All resins are of a very high Surgical quality and I can get the L&P look.
Even at my first competitions judges thought I had used L&P and judged my nails with that in mind. I still have the scoresheet where one judge advised me on checking my ratio !!!!!!
So if a top nail industry person thinks it is L&P I have to rest my case!!!!
The final Resin application of Boost gives it that look............
You work with 3 different specially design resins, in different viscosities to give you a brilliant result !!!

As for expense, well it is marginally dearer then the cheaper brands........
I got 25 sets out of a try me kit....and stillsome left over...... so if you raise the price by just a £1 on a full set it will cover the expense and you will use the best there is.......
Now to me that makes sense..........
I have virtually no soak off's, I rebalance the same way I rebalance L&P...... Any lifting is taken away, till I come to the seal...........
If there is any lifting at the free edge I never just stick some resin under it, I always find a keratin edge on the free edge when I rebalance a natural nail overlay, and cap it so I never have any curling..............
So Fabric# to me works just like L&P only it isn't, it is good old fibreglass a system I love with a passion...........

This system has helped my to win the Olympia Nail Competition this year in the Fibreglass category.....1st place no less.....got me 3rd at my first ever comp and 5th in my first major comp......and if it can help me to win then just think what this has done for my clients......... they get the best I can provide .......

Just my tuppence worth on this xxx

Oh! I purchased a Frabric Try Me Kit today and I cannot wait to start working majic with it!

i have tried the wrap system from nsi, and although i use their balance gels which i might ad are fab, their wrap system i found they cracked alot maybe it is because i am quite heavy handed but i found it also aged quite quickly.
i bought the try me fabric kit for personal use at olympia and it was a dream to apply and very hardwearing no brittleness or cracks and strong plus beautiful finished nails.
so from a personal point of veiw now i found a wrap kit which is perfect for myself i dont need to look any where else

Ive tried the NSI wrap system and thought they looked really natural - tried the edge but found people complained that the activator burned, the NSI one was brush on. havent tried anything other than these as I found it a bit fiddly to cut and place the fabric. I am struggling to master the acrylic but have tried NSI balance gel which i love! If 'Fabric' looks like L&P and is as strong, do you use it in place of L&P or offer all 3 systems? (sounds good to me! lol)

Fakin it said:
Ive tried the NSI wrap system and thought they looked really natural - tried the edge but found people complained that the activator burned, the NSI one was brush on. havent tried anything other than these as I found it a bit fiddly to cut and place the fabric. I am struggling to master the acrylic but have tried NSI balance gel which i love! If 'Fabric' looks like L&P and is as strong, do you use it in place of L&P or offer all 3 systems? (sounds good to me! lol)
Fabric# looks Like L&P but has the advantage of quick soak of time, has all the ease of Fibreglass but the finesse of L&P..........So my fibreglass clients who will not be moved to L&P love it............
But I offer all 3 systems, here at home for my privat and mobile clients.
Due to health and saftey regulations I offer Fabric# and Brisa Gel at my shop........

A tip to why the activator is burning the client, this is a exothermic reaction when there is to much activator going in just one spot, activator cures the resin via heat energy.......... to much of both and the client will feel it.........
So a tip is; a little goes a long way........and spray from a good distance, the further away you hold the spray the larger the area you will cover.......the spray fans out....................
Imagine hairspray,if you spray that to close to the head you will get one sticky lump, if you spray from a good distance you cover more and will look brill and will do its job....

Cutting and placing fibreglass or silk is fiddly but after while you will become better and faster at this............

HTH

Thanks for that, did like the idea of the spray as my brushes used to get really stuck together with the NSI one! Maybe I was spraying too close? I stopped using it because of this and also they seemed to break quite easily, probably down to me not putting on enough resin or something, but they would never last as long as L&P! Do you think each fibreglass system application is similar? i.e if I trained using NSI and now wanted to try Fabric# would i have to go on a conversion course, or could i just buy the kit and follow the instructions? I am really keen to try it!
thanks

Aspirations said:
Thanks for that, did like the idea of the spray as my brushes used to get really stuck together with the NSI one! Maybe I was spraying too close? I stopped using it because of this and also they seemed to break quite easily, probably down to me not putting on enough resin or something, but they would never last as long as L&P! Do you think each fibreglass system application is similar? i.e if I trained using NSI and now wanted to try Fabric# would i have to go on a conversion course, or could i just buy the kit and follow the instructions? I am really keen to try it!
thanks
I'm sure you could just buy the kit and follow the instructions. Fabric# is SO simple to use. Everything is brush on and you only need to activate with spray ONCE during the entire process.

By the way ... too much activator makes brittle nails!! This could be the answer to your breakage problems ... probably is. Each time you activate a resin, it AGES it. Better to use as little as possible ... for your health too. Fabric# was totally created with this in mind. A very safe system to use.

I have just christened my Fabric try me kit and it is great. Very easy to use with very straight forward instructions. I tried it out on a couple of nails on my nail trainer first and then did a couple of my own nails to strengthen them as I am prone to hitting my own nails with the file when doing other peoples nails.

I would certainly recommend it and I am sure my results will only get better once I get into the swing with it. So easy to use on your own nails too!

Latest posts

Back