fibreglass kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
hi any advice in wat fibreglass kit i should start off with??? does anyone use kasara fibreglass products ???

when you say k-sa-ra, i take it u mean the alida edge products they sell?

i did my nvq through rachel, shes great!:biggrin:

we used the alida products, didn't think much of it as a whole, but out of all of it the fiber glass was the best in the range, it's not too bad,
i recently tried star nails and thought it was really poo!:(

didn't matter what i did, i just couldn't get the silk to disappear, never had that prob with the edge stuff, and this was when i first started they do make quite a nice set. quite funky packaging too!

get a sample set sent out to you and give it a go, and if your going to excel, see how many other samples you can get, then you will have a much broader knowledge of the different brands and find the one that suits!

thanxs 4 ure help ill do that xx

Hi Emma - I use Alida fibreglass kit and I am not 100% with it, although it may be my lack of technique. Perhaps get a sample kit of Creative's Fabric kit which Ruth (winner in Fibreglass/Silk) loves. I may get a sample kit as I am with Creative today for training (again!). If so, I'll let you know how I get on.

luckybird21 said:
i did my nvq through rachel, shes great!:biggrin:

we used the alida products, didn't think much of it as a whole, but out of all of it the fiber glass was the best in the range, it's not too bad,
i recently tried star nails and thought it was really poo!:(

didn't matter what i did, i just couldn't get the silk to disappear, never had that prob with the edge stuff, and this was when i first started they do make quite a nice set. quite funky packaging too!

get a sample set sent out to you and give it a go, and if your going to excel, see how many other samples you can get, then you will have a much broader knowledge of the different brands and find the one that suits!
Presumably the reason you thought the Star Nails was "poo" was because you couldnt get the fibreglass to disappear? Did you use the thinner resin first to soak in without activating and then another thin resin layer then activate then move onto the thicker resin? I've been using it for ages - had a couple of hitches then was advised to do this and havent looked back since.

FABRIC thats all i can say - no other compares for me

Fab Freak said:
FABRIC thats all i can say - no other compares for me

:o Sorry should have said as retailed by Designer nails

hi louise have you used star nails fibreglass??

emmalouisa said:
hi louise have you used star nails fibreglass??

Yes hun and I found it got tired looking very quickly unlike the Fabric..

Its okay but with Fabric you can just keep on going and the finish is like glass where as the Star resins do like very ...plastic looking - well thats the best way I can describe them - I really recommend you go with fabric

Hiya

I have used many fibreglass/silk products and it has to be fabric by designer nails .....................we all compete with it and its had 1st place at Olympia and Scotish Beauty so say no more.

Take care Dawnie xxx

Hi Em, Fabric# does seem to be very popular if you have the Ellisons Catalogue they supply the Fabric# products in that x

Hi

you could also try the backscratchers fibre glass, opi, and loads of others. When i am looking for something new i go to the shows and have a good nose around. You can have trial nails done and see the results for yourself.

Kellyc said:
Hi Em, Fabric# does seem to be very popular if you have the Ellisons Catalogue they supply the Fabric# products in that x

Fabric is stunning ... simply stunning. It is also the only product I see winning competitions in the fibregalss category which says allot for the appearance of this wrap system.

It is also tremendously strong and long lasting. Everyone who uses it rates it VERY highly. Ask Ruth, Dawnie, Caroline, all who have done well in competition with it and use it in their salon businesses their very busy salon businesses.

If you search Fabric on this site you willfind hundreds of testimonials for this product. If you want to see it then go to tutorials and look at the step by step here on the site.

Hi Emmalouise

I have put a pic in my gallery to show you the results you can get with using Fabric by designer nails.

Hope this helps.

Take care Dawnie

hi dawnie thanxs they look fab xx

I also use star nails fibreglass and haven't had any probs with it, can't comment on the fabric side of things as never used it, but i am looking into the EZ Flow's fibreglass as well. I would just say try as many as you can to find what works best for you.

Carole Lindsay said:
Presumably the reason you thought the Star Nails was "poo" was because you couldnt get the fibreglass to disappear? Did you use the thinner resin first to soak in without activating and then another thin resin layer then activate then move onto the thicker resin? I've been using it for ages - had a couple of hitches then was advised to do this and havent looked back since.
yep, i think i just had a bad batch! Our second tutor (the first one refused to come back to sittingbourne, because one of the women got thrown of the course so she smashed up her car. how sad is that! When we had assessments, rachel got her hubby to drop her and abbey off, because she was worrid her car would get totalled!) anyway back to subject, our second tutor worked for star nails and showed us all how to do it. hey, just thinking though, bearing in mind i was in assesment, i was prob' just scared and messed it up!

You definately have to make sure the fibre glass is fully soaked through with the brush on resin otherwise you will see the fibre through the nail as such. I do one coat air dried then 2nd coat is activated. The two coats of bottle resin.

Latest posts

Back