Fibreglass nails! What's your opinion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popart

Reaction score
Hey Im currently studying Silk Nails.

What do people think of these? They cant be as strong as gel or acrylic? How long would they last ?

Your reviews please :)

xxx

I have found them to be not strong at all.
I was told to only apply one layer of silk and two layers of resin and activator.

Silk nails are not as strong as a buff off gel or L&P but then not every client needs as much strength as gel or L&P.

Silk and fibreglass wraps are great for the intermediary client who needs a bit of strength but not masses of it; it is also the best system in the world for doing long lasting natural nail repairs.

Don't discount using wraps .... you need to know how to use all systems if you are going to be a successful working nail technician.

Silk nails are not as strong as a buff off gel or L&P but then not every client needs as much strength as gel or L&P.

Silk and fibreglass wraps are great for the intermediary client who needs a bit of strength but not masses of it; it is also the best system in the world for doing long lasting natural nail repairs.

Don't discount using wraps .... you need to know how to use all systems if you are going to be a successful working nail technician.

Can you fire out some names of good brands that do fibreglass and the accessories? The one I am using isn't up to scratch!

I am starting fibreglass next week I don't know anything about them so I'm sure I will have plenty of questions to ask soon..

Thank you for all your comments.

I have my gels and acrylics cert and thought I would add something extra. In time I will prob know what is best for each client.

A girl in my class said they are great for people who have naturally long nails and if one or 2 breaks its a great sub.

Agree totally, they can look so pretty but just don't have the strength of some other systems. As Gigi said though, great for natural nail repairs.:wink2:

Can you fire out some names of good brands that do fibreglass and the accessories? The one I am using isn't up to scratch!

Well Backscratchers is the original wrap system. Elegant Glass is also a very good system too.

Well Backscratchers is the original wrap system. Elegant Glass is also a very good system too.

Hi Geeg I just learnt fibreglass at college, our kit only has fibreglass in was wondering where would I get silk please ?

Hi Geeg I just learnt fibreglass at college, our kit only has fibreglass in was wondering where would I get silk please ?

Probably from the same company that is supplying your college kit? Backscratchers also sell silk, I'm sure Sally's and most beauty wholesalers have it. X

Backscratchers products are distributed in the UK by SuperNail. If you google 'Supernail Backscratchers' the web address will pop up. x

Backscratchers products are distributed in the UK by SuperNail. If you google 'Supernail Backscratchers' the web address will pop up. x

Thanks not sure who is supplying our kit as we got them from college so have no idea...
Another question when doing silk is it the same procedure as fibre glass

Thanks not sure who is supplying our kit as we got them from college so have no idea...
Another question when doing silk is it the same procedure as fibre glass
Exactly the same but gives a 'softer' look and is not quite as strong as FG because of reduced flexibility.

Exactly the same but gives a 'softer' look and is not quite as strong as FG because of reduced flexibility.

Thank you I love it when you answer my threads you are the lady that knows everything x

I love fiberglass wraps. I use a gel resin wich makes them very strong. I have had nothing but positive feedback from clients.

Latest posts

Back