Fibreglass Nightmares

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim@Talontastic

Reaction score
Hi

I did my last fibreglass exam yesterday at college and I'm having nightmares with them.

My mum was my client, I did all my cuticle work and prep as I would any system. Spent what felt like forever blending the tips to make them natural looking. Applied my fibreglass, resin and wrapture gel in layers. Finished them off I was really pleased with the finished result. Both my mum and my tutor said they were the best set of fibreglass I'd done.

Today I met my mum at dinner time only to discover 3 had pinged off...now if it was anyone else I'd be wary of how they treated there nails but not my mum. She's a veteran at wearing enhancements especially acrylic, she never has a problem when I do them for her.

I'm really downhearted now, do you think I did wrong or was it just one of them things. I no fibreglass isn't meant to be as strong but surely they should have lasted longer than 12 hours...

I have my first acrylic assessment next monday and now I'm dreading it. I no I can do them fine as I have passed my OPI absolute acrylic but what happens if I get all nervous and mess up again...:cry:

I'm really downhearted now, do you think I did wrong or was it just one of them things. I no fibreglass isn't meant to be as strong but surely they should have lasted longer than 12 hours...
Did they really ping off Kim or did she break them?
If they pinged then it would suggest that the tips were too small for her nails.

If you build the nail with an apex then fibreglass can be a very strong system, you can make the apex stronger by using a stress strip if necessary.
hth's

They came off whole but saying that its a long time since I did fibreglass and I did forget the stress strip which i usually put on.

Think I'll pack the fibreglass away and leave it away. At least i passed. I'll stick to acrylic from now on

Latest posts

Back