Fibreglass overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_kelly_boo

Reaction score
I just wanted to know, when I do fibreglass overlays, my tutor always taught me to apply the stress bond over the tip BUT so it over hangs on to the skin, so I do this but when i apply resin the fibre glass sucks this up and then sticks on my clients skin (due to the fibreglass stress strip over hanging the nail on to the skin) And then I cant get it off.

Would you advise cutting the strip down before adding the resin to avoid this, or apply solar oil around the nail on the skin to stop anything sticking to it. Just wondered what everyone else does?

Would be so grateful for any advice,
thanks
Boo
xXx

I never lay the stress strip across the nail .

Easiest way is to apply your first layer of fibre as normal ... Saturate and activate. Then lay another layer just covering the zone 1 & 2 area and you get double strength over that area .. Saturate and then activate. Easy peasy.

apologies for hijacking this thread but I have a burning question about fibreglass overlays, I desperately need something to strengthen my thin bendy nails, I am not trained in enhancements so was thinking of going to a salon to get fibreglass overlays done..but..would it not just come off when I use my shellac remover wraps with d solve?

apologies for hijacking this thread but I have a burning question about fibreglass overlays, I desperately need something to strengthen my thin bendy nails, I am not trained in enhancements so was thinking of going to a salon to get fibreglass overlays done..but..would it not just come off when I use my shellac remover wraps with d solve?

Using D.Solve or any other remover would certainly soften and undermine your FG wraps. You would need to wear gloves when doing removals and use a plastic backed pad to remove polish.

Thank you Geeg, I'll try that over the weekend and see how it goes.

Take care xXx

Latest posts

Back