Fibreglass removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
i have a friend who wants her fibreglas removing, we werent taught how to do this at college & i dont have a procedure sheet on it so would you just soak in acetone used cotton pads & tin foil then buff off like with soak of gels & l&p? & how long would you leave them to soak?

i have a friend who wants her fibreglas removing, we werent taught how to do this at college & i dont have a procedure sheet on it so would you just soak in acetone used cotton pads & tin foil then buff off like with soak of gels & l&p? & how long would you leave them to soak?

You shouldnt be buffing SOAK off gels or l+p :S but yes same proceedure, id leave the wraps on about 15mins and then genty remove any still on the nail plate with an orange stick tipped in cotton wool with some acetone. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

at college we were taught to soak l&p then with a file gently remove the softened product then buff the natural nail so theres no remaining product, with gel remove softened product with orange woodstick, but thanks x

by buff off i didnt mean completely buff off thats why i said soak then buff to ensure all product is removed.x

Hi :) the soak off for fibreglass is the same as l & p. Only no buffing any off with either !

I was taught not to. Soak in acetone till all has gone then a light buff and shine or, i provide a mini manicure with all my soak offs. Hope this helps.

tifa

Hi :) the soak off for fibreglass is the same as l & p. Only no buffing any off with either !

I was taught not to. Soak in acetone till all has gone then a light buff and shine or, i provide a mini manicure with all my soak offs. Hope this helps.

tifa
Thankyouu, oh we were taught to file softened product off but obv not on the natural nail! Then buff with a white block xx

Latest posts

Back