Fibreglass resin burning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonails

Reaction score
I bought the ASP Fibreglass Resin from Sallys since my usual Soft Touch one ran out, and used it for the first time right after applying a tip. The girl I was working on said her nail was burning after I put it on the first nail, but even though that's never happened, I thought it was just because her nails were very sensitive. After applying to the second nail, we saw smoke coming off her nail and both nails were bright red. I stopped using it immediately. Is there something I'm missing here?!

Did you use a different activator? Intermixing activators and resin can cause problems like this (it's the equivalent of intermixing lamps and L&P).

There also could have been a high moisture content in the plate (moisture will shock cure cyanoacrylate which is why adhesive cures instantly to skin).

Hope this helps!

Actually, that might have been it with the activator. Because it pretty much melted my activator brush too. I should have thought about that beforehand actually :(

We've all had similar issues I am sure, the great news is you won't have to worry about ever having it again :D

Latest posts

Back