Fibromyalgia, any other sufferers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you hun, its a pain in the neck (literally lol) In regards to your client I agree with samanthaA ,,,,,,in regards to diagnosis fibro wouldn't show in a blood test which is why it was quite difficult for GPS to diagnose,...if they come back clear, do not be fobbed off by your GP, tell them to keep looking into it and refer you to a rheumatologist. Xxx

Thank you hun, its a pain in the neck (literally lol) In regards to your client I agree with samanthaA ,,,,,,in regards to diagnosis fibro wouldn't show in a blood test which is why it was quite difficult for GPS to diagnose,...if they come back clear, do not be fobbed off by your GP, tell them to keep looking into it and refer you to a rheumatologist. Xxx

Thanks I will do. She said it might be psychological lol I was like err definitely not....

And I have read the nhs thingy I just don't know if I have that or something else. I'm only 22 so hoping it's nothing too serious. Have been given cocodamol in the meantime anyway.x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks I will do. She said it might be psychological lol I was like err definitely not....

And I have read the nhs thingy I just don't know if I have that or something else. I'm only 22 so hoping it's nothing too serious. Have been given cocodamol in the meantime anyway.x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what they kept telling me at first and I believed them an took anti depressents which made me Ill... I started to suffer at about 16 years old and was really bad by 19 x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Aww me too!
I was really ill a few years ago, and it took me a long time ( approx 18 months ) to get diagnoses. The thyroid was the first, so the doctor just kept fobbing me off telling me all my other symptoms were down to that....I knew that wasn't the case.

Finally after a long referral process I got my rheumo appointment, this woman was amazing!
She diagnosed the exact type of arthritis I have just from asking me 3 questions and feeling my fingers while doing so! Although tests were conducted to confirm.

All in all I have an under active thyroid, fibromyalgia, and sero negative arthritis. ( and also have been told by my GP I'm hyper mobile )
I'm on various meds for the above, which are of course all pretty much linked, im not just an unlucky so & so lol

Some days today for example I'm on top of the world, and get loads done....I end up a little on the hyper scale if anything, such as only having 4/5 hours sleep last night, and still being wide awake now typing on here lol.
BUT I know a few days after the high comes the low, and I get sore all over so much that just standing up off the sofa and starting to walk is hard work.
Excessively tiredness, and I just want to curl up, sleep and cry all day.

It took me a long time to get to know my body, now I try to do as much as I can on the good days, without over doing it physically anymore and rest as much as I can on the not so good days.

They're hard Illnesses to cope with as to anyone outside, we look okay so people assume we much be okay, I struggle with relaxing as I feel lazy. Or rather I feel OTHER people will assume I am just lazy. Then along with all that comes the low mood.

And it is nice to have other people who do understand! I spent like 2 years moaning all day, every single day....now thankfully it's rare I do moan, so this was quite refreshing! Hahah

I also suffer with Fibro, CFS and the occasional bout if IBS they are often all linked with Fibro. Fibro is actually now known as Fibromyalgia CFS. I was diagnosed 8 years ago after years of going back and forth to the docs as I knew there must be something wrong. I was diagnosed by accident when going to see a Rheumatologist in Harley street for a road accident insurance claim. Unfortunately my hands, hips and brain are the most affected. The brain fog is a b*gger and I went from a super organised OCD type to a wombler. LOL

Big gentle hug to all my fellow sufferers

PS there is a fab web community called " Patients like me" where you get loads of info and support from fellow sufferers if needed. It is free to join and I often go on there to check up new treatments and research. America is always ahead of us on this one.

Has anyone tried any of the diets for fibro. Its interesting because if i accidently eat any gluten i have migraines, all my joints ache and i have brain fog. This lasts for 3 days until the cause is out of my system.
I have a client with bad fibro but she does nothing to help herself, shes over weight, she drinks alcohol regularly, has a dreadful diet and no exercise because she is too ill. If i had her lifestyle for a week even without gluten id be poorly.
Before you all eat me alive for even suggesting it might be something your eating or doing please just google "fibromyalgia and gluten" and spend an evening reading. There is very interesting info on lack of vitamins and minerals being the cause of lots of problems...... if you cant make the substances that make your systems work then things start to go wrong. Also abit more reading "auto immune diseases" and "leaky gut". Fibro cant get better until you find the trigger. If you have ever been diagnosed with IBS or depression or thyroid have a look at the link between them and gluten and fibro.

I was diagnosed with CFS 2 years ago after continually going to my GP for nearly 3 years knowing that I wasn't myself. Fortunately I had an understanding GP (not all of them are). I have days when I don't know if I will be able to look after my kids let alone work and earn some money but I just have to make sure I rest as much as I can. I am still trying to find medication that keeps my symptoms and pains under control, I have had Citalopram 40mg and currently on Duloxitine 60mg and neither have done much, so if anyone has any suggestions that I can go to my GP with that would be great. Hope everybody is having more good days than bad :) x

Hey all,...hope you are all having one of your better days,....I am having a crappy one, still in my pjs achey and mood is really low :-( .....have loads on tomorrow too as holding a charity event in sept for a lad fighting cancer which always puts my moaning into perspective....also have lash extensions booked in tomorrow which should be interesting as my wrists are not very happy at the minute lol xxx

Soft hugs to all :-D x

Latest posts

Back