Fibromyalgia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmadorney

Reaction score
Morning geeks so I’m justbeen diagnosed with fibromyalgia do I have to tel my insurance ? I was wondering if any other therapists have it and it has effected the insurance ?

Poor you. I have a therapist with fibromyalgia. You don't need to tell your insurance.

It's very important to exercise everyday and sleep and eat really healthily with fibromyalgia because it can get you down. It's a condition where your pain receptors in your brain interpret normal sensations as painful and painful sensations as much more so. By trying to lead as normal a life as possible you keep yourself as good a quality of life as possible. Once you start letting the pain stop you from doing normal activities you will get worse because the less you move the more pain you will experience.

Make sure you get a healthy amount of sleep, put your tech away one hour before bed and have a bed time routine. Don't lie in all day, but get up and maybe have a one hour bed rest later on. In clinical trials healthy volunteers deprived of good quality, restful sleep ALL develop fibromyalgia type symptoms, so anything you can do to help yourself get 3-4 hours (and ideally 5-6 hours) good quality sleep is really helpful.

Indian Head massage can be really helpful for fibromyalgia and aromatherapy massage, plus yoga, meditation, tai chi, all that stuff. Basically anything that helps your over-stimulated sensory and pain receptors to chill out.

Maybe plan on working less than 40 hours a week. Find what works best for your body. My therapist says work keeps her sane and distracts her from her pain, she keeps herself busy all the time and she loves cooking in her time off - she doesn't spend much time on her own.

Fingers crossed for you. XX

What a thoughtful , kind and heartfelt reply from The Duchess. I have a client that suffers with the same condition and she is helped in addition to the above with acupuncture. She has a very stressful job, long hours and home work to do keeping horses, so is knackered.
Acupuncture really helps her.
Her shoulders and hands are mostly affected but it can be all over her body when she is feeling very tired.
I am sure you will get to understand what works for your body, but plenty of rest and support will help you through it.
No reason to tell your insurance by the way.
All the best x

I have fibromyalgia and oesteoarthritis - dignosed all in last 3 years

Its an awful condition i was working mobile and had to stop for a while

Not sure if your mobile or salon based but i found listening to my body helped alot - resting when needed and taking pain killers only when needed allowed me to tune in to my body and manage pain !
I also had trial and error with foods to see what triggered flares ! It still is a learining curve with this awful disease !

My doctor advises going in to a salon or setting up on my own in a venue where i dont have to lift equiptment

It took me a year to make the step and find the perfecf place i now have my own salon that has managable facilities and lift access and life has been so different i dont get half as many flares !
I also changed to an efile to lessen cramps in my hands !
Its took alot of working stuff out but once you know tweak and change and always listen to your body and rest while you can !
Things like house work can wait

Im so sorry you have this awful disease but you can get through this and be successful and keep going !
Message me any time if you need a chat xx

Poor you. I have a therapist with fibromyalgia. You don't need to tell your insurance.

It's very important to exercise everyday and sleep and eat really healthily with fibromyalgia because it can get you down. It's a condition where your pain receptors in your brain interpret normal sensations as painful and painful sensations as much more so. By trying to lead as normal a life as possible you keep yourself as good a quality of life as possible. Once you start letting the pain stop you from doing normal activities you will get worse because the less you move the more pain you will experience.

Make sure you get a healthy amount of sleep, put your tech away one hour before bed and have a bed time routine. Don't lie in all day, but get up and maybe have a one hour bed rest later on. In clinical trials healthy volunteers deprived of good quality, restful sleep ALL develop fibromyalgia type symptoms, so anything you can do to help yourself get 3-4 hours (and ideally 5-6 hours) good quality sleep is really helpful.

Indian Head massage can be really helpful for fibromyalgia and aromatherapy massage, plus yoga, meditation, tai chi, all that stuff. Basically anything that helps your over-stimulated sensory and pain receptors to chill out.

Maybe plan on working less than 40 hours a week. Find what works best for your body. My therapist says work keeps her sane and distracts her from her pain, she keeps herself busy all the time and she loves cooking in her time off - she doesn't spend much time on her own.

That’s really helpful advice thanku so much xxx

Not sure if your mobile or salon based but i found listening to my body helped alot - resting when needed and taking pain killers only when needed allowed me to tune in to my body and manage pain !
I also had trial and error with foods to see what triggered flares ! It still is a learining curve with this awful disease !

My doctor advises going in to a salon or setting up on my own in a venue where i dont have to lift equiptment

It took me a year to make the step and find the perfecf place i now have my own salon that has managable facilities and lift access and life has been so different i dont get half as many flares !
Its took alot of working stuff out but once you know tweak and change and always listen to your body and rest while you can !

Im so sorry you have this awful disease but you can get through this and be successful and keep going !

Thanku so much xxx

That’s really helpful advice thanku so much xxxxx

Thanku so much great advice xx

Latest posts

Back