File Control!! Part 2 - Thinning and Blending Tips.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could anyone help me? im just wondering if anyone had got any information on how to prevent thinning of the nail, adhesion faliure and loss of nail extionsion. Thank you

The way I recommend is to work starting at the Free Edge and working towards the contact area (or well) of the tip.
As always there are many ways to do things but I find that working as described, there is much less chance of filing the nail plate and doing damage. Another plus to working this way is that by the time you have reached the well area of the tip, most of your work has been done in that area already because of the abrasive action catching that area as you work towards it. HTH
hi wow i never knew that and have been doing nails and beauty for 6 years, would you do the same for white tips? as i only ever buff white tips with a sanding block? but i do find they can look a bit chunky this way so apply gel thinly on the sides,to make up for it,but i know this may make the nails weaker? could i thin the white tips? or would it make the white not a white? thanks

i think its all in the prep,why dont you read up on the prepping tutorials they will be helpful x

Right well now I am really confused. I'm going a nail biter tomorrow as assessment with calgel 43 and white. Came on to check about tip blending (im a bit worried cos ive never cut a well out - should I do this or just blend to nail as I am covering it) BUT found this post and you all seem to thin the whole tip, not just blend the contact area to the natural nail?

Please help, assessment tomorrow evening!:eek:

Hi, I am new to the site and also to nail enhancements. At college I was taught to blend the tip before it is actually attached to the clients finger??? It tends to take an age and the client is also sat around a long time before I am ready to begin the treatment. Has anyone else been taught this way? Have I been taught inorrectly?

Just need to say a huuuge thanks for this tutorial! After reading this part i saw some improvement, then after realising it was in parts i read part 1 haha and a week later of practicing these techniques, holding my abrasive differently i have finally achieved a perfectly blended tip!! As someone who has been studying extensions since september, trying and trying the wrong ways my college tutor had drummed into us i feel like ive had a breakthrough!! Thanks again :D xxx

Latest posts

Back