File & dust extractor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Rose85

Reaction score
Hi, I have just found out I am expecting and I am getting myself all stressed with regards to the amount of dust and fumes I breathe in whilst carrying out nail treatments. I have tried masks and find them pretty useless and more of a hindrance than anything!

So I have been looking for Dust and fume extractors specifically for nails but for some reason I can’t find anything available in the UK! The only ones I have found are in the US and are extortionate prices!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
X

Hi Hun

I was stressing a while back too as I had a new born in the house and was so worried about the dust and vapours. There a few options but they aren't cheap. I bought a Ravair nail dust extractor. It does vapours too but only a small amount. It's mainly a dust extractor, it's very good has three speeds and a light with three settings. Not the most sturdy thing but it does the job which is what's important. They also do seat top vapour extractors which concentrate on that mainly. I was advised by the guy who designed them that the dust extractor best for me. You could get this, keep your room well ventilated and have it on high speed when filing. Also look at b&q for dust masks and eye goggles. These are all just basic safety measures in line with Heath and safety and most of the safety data sheets for the products nail techs use. The dust is one of the main problem as this can get inhaled deep into the lungs, over long periods of time this would not be good for you. Hope this helps, Google Ravair or ambermyst as they are the same thing and uk sellers x

Desk top not seat top

The disposable face masks are not designed to filter dust, but to stop the spread of infection from coughs etc. Product dust is visible and invisible - this invisible dust is the most dangerous as it can be inhaled, whereas visible dust can be trapped in the nasal passages. The invisible dust hangs in the air like pollution, becoming more and more dense with each customer. To remove this you need to thoroughly ventilate the room - open all external doors and windows for 5 to 10 minutes.

A low cost option might be this facemask that will filter all dust and has replaceable filters for chemical vapours:

http://www.londonbicycleworkshop.com/95948/products/respro-ultralight-anti-pollution-mask-green.aspx

Hi, I have just found out I am expecting and I am getting myself all stressed with regards to the amount of dust and fumes I breathe in whilst carrying out nail treatments. I have tried masks and find them pretty useless and more of a hindrance than anything!

So I have been looking for Dust and fume extractors specifically for nails but for some reason I can’t find anything available in the UK! The only ones I have found are in the US and are extortionate prices!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
X
Sally salon services

I've got the Valentino Beauty Pure, works perfectly for me.

Latest posts

Back