File & polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajb

Reaction score
Hi there,

just curious what you charge for a file & polish and what exactly do you do.

ive been charging £10 for clipping down the toes nail, filing them, putting cuticle remover on then pushing cutticles back then polishing, should i be doing all that, or should i do it cheaper and just file the nail then polish or just push the cuticle back and polish, some of the clients have said its too expensive, what should i charge and do?

I charge £10 for just a file & polish, with no cuticle work whatsoever, but then it's only there for between manicures to be honest, not as a cheap alternative to a manicure for cheapskates! If people think it's too expensive then as far as I'm concerned they can file & paint their own nails! Regardless of the cost of the product, you still have to allow time to paint them & allow them to dry.

I charge £10 ann £13 for french and it's just a file & polish if they want more then they'd have to pay for a manicure :hug:

For a file, cuticle work and polish I charge £11 for hands and £13 for toes. Both are very popular.

File & Polish - £6.00
Express Mani - Cuticles + File & polish - £9.00
Express Pedi - As above -£10.00

Add £3.00 for each for french !

I think you are prob about right, it all depends on the area & the local prices x

Last edited:
I charge £10 for shape and polish. That's just a file and polish and no cuticle work and it's £12 for a french polish. Any nail art is charged extra.

:) Hiya I charge £6 to for File and polish and an extra £2 for french then use hand lotion and massage I worry I'm to expensive some times:rolleyes: x

I charge £8 file and polish whether it's toes or fingers... and £2.50 extra if they want french.

i agree with martin that if they want cuticle work too they shouldn't be so cheap and should go for the full manicure.

hth

i agree with martin that if they want cuticle work too they shouldn't be so cheap and should go for the full manicure.

I think the trouble is that many of us therapists always want to give that bit more, and some take advantage of that. A friend of mine is always doing it, trying to fit a whole manicure into a file & polish!

I used to dread just doing a file and polish,especially if it was a new client,or a client that had horrendous nails and cuticles and would need more work!

I actively encourage clients to have a full manicure,and regular manicures.

A file and polish will not cut the cake sometimes,however like fiona implied i always stress to the client how much cuticle work is to a nail technician...it is like going into the hairdressers for just a wet cut,and to expect a fantastic look without the blow drying....simple:idea::)

thanks 4 that, it really upset me cos a few clients said i was 2 expesive to my friend, ill have a rethink mayb and offer a basic file and polish 4 £7 mayb and get them to have a mini pedicure if they want all the cuticle work, thanks 4 ur help x

You also need to decide the type of people you want as clients. Personally, I have no interest in clients who only want something as cheap as they can regardless of quality as they rarely make loyal clients; if someone down the road suddenly does it 50p cheaper they'll be off!

You must also be aware that if you price yourself too cheap you'll end up putting other potential clients off, who will assume you're a) desperate for clients, b) using inferior products or c) offering a below average service.

Rather I prefer to set a price that is reflective of the quality of service & product, and allows me to make a decent living, which we are all entitled to. I like loyal clients who are willing to pay a fair price for an above average service!

I charge €7 for a file and polish...and it is just that ( with minimum of cuticle work i.e just a quick push back ) It is what it is and no more....

but Martin made me laugh about clients trying to fit in a manicure into a file & polish.... :lol: Bless them for trying....

( I see you mentioned toes in the opening post...I'm talking fingers...)

but Martin made me laugh about clients trying to fit in a manicure into a file & polish.... :lol: Bless them for trying....

Yes, some of them can be very trying! I've also had a few who try to get a top half leg wax out of their bikini wax before..."whilst you're there could you just whip out those few patches of hair here...and here....oh and there..."!!! My answer is that I certainly can, should they wish to pay for it!:lol:

Yes, some of them can be very trying! I've also had a few who try to get a top half leg wax out of their bikini wax before..."whilst you're there could you just whip out those few patches of hair here...and here....oh and there..."!!! My answer is that I certainly can, should they wish to pay for it!:lol:

:lol: that made me laugh.. i can just imagine someone doing just that

I charge £8 for file and polish on hands and £10 on toes - no cuticle work!

I love the clients who say that martin, can you just get any hairs around my chin (when doing top lip) errr yep thats an extra £...

Becki xxx

Latest posts

Back