File sanitising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonitigercharli

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I wanted to run this past you guys as I am currently using Salon system file sanitising spray to sanitise my files (just spraying) but I read that some people scrub with soap & water and a nailbrush. So.....I diluted some barbicide and put in a spray bottle so I could spray this on the files instead & scrub then with my nailbrush. Do you think this would be ok? I do like the idea of scrubbing them with a brush but I would like something stronger than soap & water-or do you think I am just creating more work for myself!!!:lol: Any comments would be appreciated xxx

When it comes to cleaning my tools, I always go the extra mile (you can never be too safe). I scrub with soap and water first, then I put them in my sterilizer with my disinfectant for 10 minutes. I use Cavicide which is a hospital grade disinfectant.

Metrex - Products - Canada - Surface Disinfectants - CaviCide®

Thanks, I like the idea of scrubbing and yes I agree, you can never be too safe!!x

Rose,

Is the Cavicide a 28 day solution? I think that is the one I had, but once you activate it the whole gallon is only good for the 28 day period.,,,right?

Rose,

Is the Cavicide a 28 day solution? I think that is the one I had, but once you activate it the whole gallon is only good for the 28 day period.,,,right?

I don't believe so - it says nothing about that on my bottles, nor does the manufacturers website say anything about that. You got me curious now, I'm going to call the manufacturer and see what they say.

Hi everyone,
I wanted to run this past you guys as I am currently using Salon system file sanitising spray to sanitise my files (just spraying) but I read that some people scrub with soap & water and a nailbrush. So.....I diluted some barbicide and put in a spray bottle so I could spray this on the files instead & scrub then with my nailbrush. Do you think this would be ok? I do like the idea of scrubbing them with a brush but I would like something stronger than soap & water-or do you think I am just creating more work for myself!!!:lol: Any comments would be appreciated xxx

When people talk about scrubbing their tools with soap and water etc this is prior to sterilizing. I always give my files a scrub then spray them with file & abrasive disinfectant spray from Mundo

NEW file abrasive disinfectant spray 250ml

I'm with sknight.... I scrub mine first with a nail brush and hot soapy water and then use the disinfectant file spray.

I made sure to specifically ask about my disinfectant and under false pretenses he led me to believe differently. Better to be safe than sorry. Let me know what you find.

Latest posts

Back