Filed my nail away, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joline

Reaction score
Okay so I am student to be a nail tech and I have done pretty well at most things I've tried thus far except of course for the electric file and I was having problems with my doll handsome some of my fellow student suggested that I practice on my own hand which I thought was a great idea. What I didn't think about was that I had injured my hand previously that week and couldn't really feel my fingertips like then and ended up filing away my entire nail plate now it's splitting down the center and I don't know what to do any ideas....

Oh my, I don’t use an electric file but I would think suggesting you practice with it on your own hand was a pretty bad idea. I’m pretty sure they aren’t supposed to be used on the natural nail, but if they are I think they have drill bits that are safe for buffing, anyway I digress. I’m just finishing my nail tech course and we have all managed to wreck each other’s nails with a normal file so I sympathise. I’ve been nursing mine back to health, I have the ibx system so I use that for repair and strength. I’ve kept them very short and used solar oil regularly. I would just leave them to grow out. I tried a gel overlay thinking it would provide some strength while they grew out but actually as they were so thin it just lifting off and made them worse x

Once filed away, nails can’t be restored to their previous condition. You just have to wait for it to grow off. Lots of solar oil in the meantime.

Latest posts

Back