Files and Buffers - All Brands - what do they do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS - I TYPED A LOAD OF OTHER STUFF UP AND LOST IT

I WILL BE ADDING OTHER BRANDS TO THIS ARTICLE, SUCH AS

TAMMY TAYLOR
EZFLOW
ENTITIY
ILLUME
OPI
NSI​

AND ANY OTHERS YOU WANT ME TO ADD​

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST COMMENTS/REQUEST CHANGES ON THE LAYOUT​

HOPE IT HELPS​

CREATIVE NAIL​

SMOOTHIE FILE
GRIT SIZE: 100/100
WHITE ZEBRA ABRASIVE
PADDED

cre_smoothie_standard.jpg

A coarse file, great for fast tip blending and preparation for refill/rebalance.

BLIZZARD BOARD
GRIT SIZE: 100/180
WHITE ABRASIVE
PADDED

For taking down length, product refinement and shaping.
May be disinfected.

BOOMERANG BUFFER
GRIT SIZE:180/180
GREY ABRAISIVE
PADDED

A long lasting buffer that will outlast many whiteblocks and is more ergonomic for your hands to hold.
Great for surface refinement and finishing to remove flat spots in the nails.
May be disinfected

BOOMERANG BOARD
GRIT SIZE:240/1200
WHITE AND GREY ABRASIVE
BOARD

Serves many purposes in the creation of beautiful enhancements.
Used for Natural nail preparation without damaging, finishing the acrylic to a smooth surface and the 1200 side allows you to buff Solar oil into the natural nail and acrylic.
For refining and shaping the nail before final buffing.
Ideal for natural and nail enhancement.
May be disinfected

HOT SHOT
GRIT SIZE:
ABRASIVE

KOALA BUFFER
GRIT SIZE:240/1200
GREY BLACK ABRASIVE
PADDED

A soft friction free padded buffer for smoothing, scratch elimination and oil buffing.
Use the ultra fine surface with oil.
May be disinfected

GLOSSING BOARD
GRIT SIZE:4000
WHITE AND GREEN ABRASIVE

A thin version of the Block Buffer
A high shine polisher.
Like magic it shines the acrylic, gel or natural nail in an instant.
It is a two way buffer that refines the surface to a high gloss and lasting shine.
May be disinfected

GIRLFRIEND BUFFER
GRIT SIZE:
ABRASIVE
cre_girlfriend_large.jpg

An extra thick version of The Natural Nail Buffer.
It is a three way buffer that refines the surface to a high gloss and lasting shine.
May be disinfected

NATURAL NAIL BUFFER
GRIT SIZE:2400/4000/12000
ABRASIVE

A 3 way smoother and shiner.
Provides a healthy gloss shine with no oil or buffing powder.
May be disinfected

KANGA BOARD
GRIT SIZE:240/240
ABRASIVE

Can be used for manicures & pedicures, nail shaping and acrylic surface finishing to prevent scratches in your finshed enhancements.
A thin versatile 240/240 board file.
For fast edge refinement and natural nail manicures.
Finishing board
May be disinfected

EzFlow file and buffers - follow link

http://www.salongeek.com/training/67062-ezflow-files-buffers-what-do-they-do.html#post707535

Last edited:
Again Debbie...fantastic...and even better with pictures....
I am so happy...this is just what the doctored ordered!!!!
Thank you for your time on this.....I know I won't be alone in giving you a big :hug: for it xxxxxxxxx Jo

Thank you debs.....explained soooo well...easy to read ......this is soooo helpfull hun......what about "the edge " files ??????????
Your a star...tried to give you rep points...but did the other day!!!!...this is 100% helpfull....thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

nice work, i'll try to get some lechat stuff together for your list.

Thank you debs.....explained soooo well...easy to read ......this is soooo helpfull hun......what about "the edge " files ??????????
Your a star...tried to give you rep points...but did the other day!!!!...this is 100% helpfull....thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

Consider it done :hug: :hug:

nice work, i'll try to get some lechat stuff together for your list.

That will be fantastic - thank you sooo much :green:

I plan to do a least an hour a day on this - probably in the evening!

It was quite a shock to see how much stuff was out there - the Creative list isn't exhausted yet - still more to come and I had thought that would be the easiest to do as I am most familiar with that product range :lol:

Watch this space and thank you for those that have offered help - it is much appreciated :hug:

Right way off topic now :lol: I'm off swimming with the boys! part timer that I am :lol:

aww hun look how much hard work you have put into that :hug: that is so lovely of you to do it xxxx

wow deb, that is brill hun, as a newbie im still getting confused with my creative files (theres so darn many of them pmsl) i will print this now and never be unsure again

thank you
thank you
thank you
:hug::hug::hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just to let you all know, each brand will be in it's own thread, the site only allows a set amount of images to be added per (user) post.

I actually think this will work better as it won't be as confusing and you can check out each brand in it's own right!

At the bottom of the posts, I will add a link to other articles :green:

If anyone believes anything needs adding or changing then PM me :hug:

There will be some errors but I will amend asap - but please free welcome to point them out ! (I may have missed them) but please take into consideration I am working on several articles at once and I am easily confused :lol::lol:

It has been fantastic those geeks that have already helped or offered help it is much appreciated :hug:

Thank you!

This is really helpful

x

gaaaawd, this is gonna take me ages to add my Illume stuff :)
I gotta get me some pictures, before I can add my tuppence worth,
Great Post though

Latest posts

Back