files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beautybabe

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Can anyone advise me on any good files to use when blending tips, also how do i stop or prevent air bubbles when applying these blended tips. Please can someone help!

Thankyou

beautybabe

beautybabe said:
Hi Geeks,

Can anyone advise me on any good files to use when blending tips, also how do i stop or prevent air bubbles when applying these blended tips. Please can someone help!

Thankyou

beautybabe

Hiya,
When applying tips it is essential to hold the tip at a slight angle when applying, Getting air bubbles is due to applying the tips incorrectly so practise until you get it right.
Creative files are brill, but i can be biased ;)

I use a 180 file if I have to blend tips.....but I hate blending LOL....
If the nail shape and condition allows it, I pre-taylor the tips and then just lightly buff in with a 240 grit........
As for tip application,reduce your contact area, apply tip as Lesley said at an angle and then rock it onto the nail, this way air bubbles are pushed out with the rocking motion.....
If you use a resin like Gelbond, airbubbles are very seldom, and only happen if you overload the nail with the gelbond......I love Gelbond .........
HTH

Just thought i'd say i've been having some problems with this too. I found it is also very iportant to select the right type of tip for that nail. Tips have several diferent shapes to fit well on the natural nail. Some have very pronunciated C-curves some are for flat nails and some are somewhere in betwen. Selecting the right shape is a very important step.
I also find that tips with reduced wells are the best, save on blending time, and eliminate shadows on the nails, and since there is less contact area, less space for air bubbles :)!
Another trick that made a difference for me was to put the nail glue on the tip's well AND just a tiny little thing on the natural nail, this way the glue spreads better filling every spaces. (Be careful not to put too much glue or it will ooze out the top and sides)
As for the rest, just be sure that the free edge matches the well, apply the tip in a 45º then rock it untill it get in position.
Keep practising and surely you'll get it, once you do it will become very easy :)

beautybabe said:
Hi Geeks,

Thankyou

beautybabe

Hi Beautybabe!

(The products mentioned here are CND products.)

To prevent air bubbles you need to match the correct tip with the 'C' Curve of the natural nail, and also be sure the tip fits from one sidewall to the other. You can reduce the contact area beforehand to make application easier, and blending will be easier afterwards.

You also want to choose the correct adhesive according to your application- there are different 'set' times with adhesives (Speedbond=thin liquid 5 second pressure set, Solar Seale=liquid 10 second pressure set), and also gel consistency adhesive (Gelbond=gel adhesive which fills gaps with 10 second pressure set).

When using adhesive, place a bead of adhesive in the contact are of the tip, and also a small line of adhesive on the natural nail using the tip of the container to sprad it evenly in both areas.

Hold the tip at a 45 degree angle, and place the stop point of the tip against the natural free edge. Then lower the contact area down- and stop when your desired side arch is achieved. Hold the tip down according to the time needed with your adhesive.

To blend the tip- use a 120 or higher grit abrasive (Outblack 120 side) to reduce the bulk to the entire tip evenly- use a rounded motion and pay attention to the 'ears' of the tip. Then you can use a 180 grit abrasive (Boomerang Buffer or 180 side of Blizzard Board) to refine the tip material from the nail - this will prevent pocket lifting and ghost shadowing.

Then use a 240 buffer (240 side of Boomerang Board or 240 side of Koala Buffer) to go over the entire tip to ensure it is thin and translucent and completely blended.

Bubbles are usually caused by poor tip fit, and/or poor adhesive application and/or poor tip application.

It takes practice! :)

Hope I've helped, good luck!

Thankyou guys, for all your comments.

After reading these posts this morning, i did a set of nails on a friend & with look i didnt get any airbubbles this time. Like you all say it just takes a little practice.

What would be the best whoesalers or webpages for files ie. kangaroo files etc

Thanks

beautybabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back