Files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather111

Reaction score
Further to my recent post of 'nightmare', can I just ask what files everyone finds best to rebalance with. I'm sure I'm using the wrong grit that's why it's taking me forever!

Hi Heather, in our salons we use Creative's Hot Shot, Outblack and Tuxedo for rebalancing - everyone has their own favourite, mine is the Tuxedo (180/240), I use the black side (180) for zones 1 and 2 and then switch to the white side (240) for zone 3 when I am blending in the cuticle area, the next favourite seems to be the Hotshot with only a couple of techs using the Outblack. Why not get a pack of mixed files from them and try each until you find one you like? Fiona

Hi Heather

I start with 100/180 file and then swap to my favourite ! Koala (240)

Interested to see other peoples posts on this as im still finding my feet with some of the files and getting to grips with what file is what grit ! Would be much easier if the grits were on all of them ! lol
kx

Heather111 said:
Further to my recent post of 'nightmare', can I just ask what files everyone finds best to rebalance with. I'm sure I'm using the wrong grit that's why it's taking me forever!

Hi ya i use hotshot 180 side for zone 1n2 then kanga for zone 3 if need b then change down to koala 240 to blend right in i love the koala

I have to say i use a 100 grit to get majority of zone 2 off, then swicth to a 180, when it starts to get thin i switch to a 240 to finish off with. I do this when rebalancing my L&P, hope this helps

I have many favorite files, for many different services:
1)Manicure- Blizzard Board 100/180
2)Pedicure, Rebalancing, Full Sets- Smoothie 100/100
3)Buffing, Refining- Girlfriend 2400/4000/1200, and Boomerang Buffer 180/180

I also like several abrasives from the Tammy Taylor line. It did help me to purchase a sampler pack, where they give several different abrasives to try. Everyone likes something different. Experiment!!

Does everyone get their files from the same supplier all the time or use different ones?? Theres a few I like from a couple of different catalogues but once you've added the p&p (?)!!!!

I start with 100 grit to thin down more quickly, then switch to a 180, then finally a 240 to finish off with. It used to take me forever until Ruth (NailsinLondon) advised to use a 100 to start with!

do you tend to get your files from the same supplier or use various?

It is confusing when they don't have the grit printed on them, so I have decided to take 1 of each now, and put a sticker on them and refer to them when I can't remember which is which!

Deb379

Deb379 said:
It is confusing when they don't have the grit printed on them, so I have decided to take 1 of each now, and put a sticker on them and refer to them when I can't remember which is which!

Deb379
Yeah its confusing - look out for the files which are colour coded. I'm not sure if they're Star Nails but the 180/100 grit have pink side, 180 grit have green side and 240 grit have blue side - ideal aint it?

Carole Lindsay said:
I start with 100 grit to thin down more quickly, then switch to a 180, then finally a 240 to finish off with. It used to take me forever until Ruth (NailsinLondon) advised to use a 100 to start with!
Sorry Carole I have to correct you there............bless ya !!!!
I said 120 grit on old cured product not a 100 grit.................
But if you are using a 100 go easy and carefully xxxxx
Just did a search because I thought I had got it wrong and given wrong advice lol.......... but here is the thread..............

Nailsinlondon1 said:
yep 120 grit to reduce bulk and then koala 240 to smooth and bring it flush with the natural nail..................
120 grit is ok as you are filing on old product....remember to file towards any lifting, not from lifting to adhered product..this way the lifted prodcut will just flake off and no nail damage ....Also when filing new product remember, don't use 120 grit.........go for 180+ and Koala.........................
Happy Re-balancing xxx
HTH

Latest posts

Back