Filing a lift without chasing it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctonra

Reaction score
Hi- is there a video or a really good tutorial about filing a lift in a gel fill without making it larger-- chasing it across the nail!! I thought I was doing OK filing in front of the lift but I'm doing something wrong??
Also After you get the lift off should you file the "ledge" down ? Maybe I'm not describing that correctly- a video would be helpful or picture tutorial!
Thanks!

Thankful you thought to ask this question - I have the same issue :)

Geeg has an excellent tutorial in the tutorials section x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi- is there a video or a really good tutorial about filing a lift in a gel fill without making it larger-- chasing it across the nail!! I thought I was doing OK filing in front of the lift but I'm doing something wrong??
Also After you get the lift off should you file the "ledge" down ? Maybe I'm not describing that correctly- a video would be helpful or picture tutorial!
Thanks!
I really suggest you both check out the "articles" section at the top of the forum...OR...the stickeys - the 3rd one tells you how to access all the tutorials and articles. The one I have linked below is taken from the one and only Gigi Rouse and her book "Nailclass", which I suggest you both buy. It is a fantastic wealth of techniques and tips!! HTH xxx

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/8573-file-control-part-4-during-rebalance.html

Gigi's nail class is a must. I have it close to hand and read it regularly. It's helped me so much and made my life as a nail tech so much easier.:biggrin:

That was awesome *THANK YOU* !

Latest posts

Back