Fill lines and 'patchy' pink and white help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raya

Reaction score
Hi gals, I had a new client come to me for a p&w rebalance 2 weeks ago. I did them and she came back yesterday and said she was happy but the white, you could see a line and they looked patchy. So I did them again, used more product (ezflw) and then when I started filing on some could see this line again. The nails looked lovely, but I couldn't charge her full price obviously. I felt very embarrassed. Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Also when filing the cuticle area (which looked fine as they hadnt lifted at all) it all started lifting and peeling away and I'm having difficulty removing the line completely and could almost see it on some of the nails.

The 2 things I need to know, as I've got another pink and white rebalance with a new client on Monday. Please help xx:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say you could "see the line", do you mean where the old white was and where you'd applied the new white?

yes i think it must be as it is a definate line???

It could be that you are applying the white too thin and this is the natural nail showing through. If you haven't got the apex spot on it is easy to apply too thinly at this point and then when finishing the darker, natural nail shows.

Not sure about the pink lifting could be you hadn't swiped the nail beforehand and the infill line showing is just down to blending away the old acrylic, a pain to do but essential to avoid seeing the line. :)

In my experience if you can see a shadow of the previous white after rebalancing it's because you haven't removed enough of the old white product before applying new white acrylic. So when you finish file it the old white shows through as more opaque because you have too much old white and not enough new white. When I do a P&W rebalance I remove about 90% of the old white so that there is no shadow and my new white is still nice and thin.
I hope this makes sense :)

hi thanks for that reply i thought it maybe that also read up on the ezflow products and with their product it states to use a drier bead of white?

i had a lady in for another rebalance took me 2 hours i was sweating as started to file away round cuticle area and could not seem to get thin just kept filing away almost half way up nail bed she has had them on for 2 half weeks and was so happy with um and they looked good until i started to file, really feel like crying as practice all the time and this has happened on my last 3 appt so embarrassing please can anyone help me, i use ezflow, dunno why why why???xx

Latest posts

Back