Filler/Botox aesthetic training advice for non-medics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nataliekatemua

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is a topic I've seen posted over the years but I wanted up to date advice.

Basically I'm qualified to L2 and 3 beauty, trained in Dermaplaning and Semi-Permanent Makeup also.
I would LOVE to go down the aesthetic route, and would like advice please.
I'm happy to do either route; train now with a company who train up beauty therapists, or take my time, gain the correct medical qualifications and then go down the aesthetic route.

I would like advice on both options please, which is the better option, and any companies that you recommend for the training in BOTH ?

I know the training in the medic route and then going into filler/botox is frowned upon but this is something I have wanted to do for YEARS and am willing to put the time, energy and money into each route

Could people also recommend businesses that will train Beauty Therapists so I can look into that option? I'm not ruling either out for now, but want to see my options. Thanks in advance xxx

Frowned upon or not, we shouldn’t feel like that. If we want to go for it then we should. I’m also after some info on this. X

I've had amazing filler done by beauty therapists! I model for the advanced aesthetics academy and their training is great xx

Finally some positivity. So ridiculous. Fed up of hearing from nurses “beauticians aren’t qualified and should be banned etc”. How are we not when we’ve done the same filler training course as you lol. Not to mention we are anatomy and physiology trained. zzzz

Xx

I would love info on non medic aesthetic training to add to my cosmetic treatment list.

I am struggling to find a course which will train me without the need for nursing, doctors etc qualification.

Did you find any courses with out the need of a medic qualification?

I also have anatomy & physiology at VTCT level 3

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated

xx

I think it’s a shame that level 3 beauty isn’t recognised more seriously. The amount of Anatomy and physiology training you have to understand is not basic it’s extremely detailed and so it should be! so if leaning to administer injections from this level is frowned upon I think people should realise beauty isn’t skin face value!l and give this vocation some more credit! Any beautician worth their creds knows this. More qualifications for needles should be recognised. But I know now electrolysis is now included in level three because it entails needles I did it myself. so allows progression to use them and go into aesthetics . Beauty therapists are undervalued. #love my job #beautytherapist xx

I definitely agree with all of that my friend is a qualified radiographer and tells me they wont let her do fillers ?? I know that with fillers you dont need a prescriber such as a nurse who can prescribe botox, if you enquire on the courses then they tell you this, I would love to do the course but am trying to become self employed so anyone want to partner my clients always return I have a caci & environ machine and am fully equipped worked in a physio clinic for 10 yrs also so my massage (sorry not modest) but its excellent been doing it a long time so they clients come back again & again, any ideas love to hear from you

she

By the way I am told that level 3 is equivalent to more than a first years nursing so it is really not respected enough

s

Latest posts

Back