Finally, a client!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

min11

Reaction score
Sadly not for enhancements but a manicure but its a start! Best of it is she just appeared at the garden wall yesterday to ask. No hurry as she just wants to treat herself to some pampering in the next few weeks. So now I'm sorting out insurance, will be buying new products but....

I do have things I'm not sure of. Do I have to have a company to work or register as a sole trader? Can I just be insured and work and thats enough? Next call is the council but if they are an issue I'll just count myself as mobile.

Here's hoping I can persuade her she wants enhancements!!

Wahoooo!!!

Last edited:
I'm guessing this might be more suited in the Blog section... But I just have to say Well Done!! :green:
I would say you are a sole trader. As for just being insured and working and whether or not you have to contact your council it's different for different areas and different countries. I assume you're working from home...

In my country (Oz) and town we don't have to advise the council if we do not display our business anywhere on the front of our house or front windows, and if there are not stacks of cars parked out the front of our residence. We don't need a council permit unless and until we have more than 3 customers a week on a consistent basis - which allows us time to build up before needing to fork out extra money :)

Sorry, I didn't post as a blog because I thought at times when people ask questions in there they are advised to ask in the forums.

Sorry :hug:

Sadly not for enhancements but a manicure but its a start! Best of it is she just appeared at the garden wall yesterday to ask. No hurry as she just wants to treat herself to some pampering in the next few weeks. So now I'm sorting out insurance, will be buying new products but I do have things I'm not sure of. Do I have to have a company to work or register as a sole trader? Can I just be insured and work and thats enough? Next call is the council but if they are an issue I'll just count myself as mobile.

Here's hoping I can persuade her she wants enhancements!!

Wahoooo!!!

Min with insurance as long as you provide your certs, you will be fine hunny, they will ask you for a copy of them. You don't need to be part of a company, you are mobile and therefore that is your business. Great news with your neighbour :hug:

Thanks Fi, so excited!!

Hi Hun,
Good luck........you can get started now.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

I'm guessing this might be more suited in the Blog section... But I just have to say Well Done!! :green:
I would say you are a sole trader. As for just being insured and working and whether or not you have to contact your council it's different for different areas and different countries. I assume you're working from home...

In my country (Oz) and town we don't have to advise the council if we do not display our business anywhere on the front of our house or front windows, and if there are not stacks of cars parked out the front of our residence. We don't need a council permit unless and until we have more than 3 customers a week on a consistent basis - which allows us time to build up before needing to fork out extra money :)

Sorry, I didn't post as a blog because I thought at times when people ask questions in there they are advised to ask in the forums.

Sorry :hug:

I think you are totally right Min, you have asked a question therefore you are right to post it in the forum.

Congrats on your new client :) let us know how it goes! I am hoping to start out soon, getting stuff ready like leaflets and designed a logo, its all exciting isn it?

anne xx

When I read this yesterday, my initial thought was blog it but then I saw there was a question so it is in the right place.

Well done on the client Min! Here's to many more!

Way to go Min xxx

When I read this yesterday, my initial thought was blog it but then I saw there was a question so it is in the right place.

Well done on the client Min! Here's to many more!

That's what I was thinking...
but I wondered why no one had replied to the thread...
I wondered if others knew something I didn't (about blogs)... :o??

Well done Min. Just think of all the recommendations she can make to her friends!!! Xx
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I was thinking...
but I wondered why no one had replied to the thread...
I wondered if others knew something I didn't (about blogs)... :o??

:lol: I must admit I didn't understand that either, I decided either I was Jonny no mates or I just had got it wrong and it should have been a blog but as I had questions I needed to post here :hug:

Latest posts

Back