Finally grew my nails after inspiration from this forum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igaguri

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A while ago now, I read a thread on this forum about a straight guy who had decided to grow and paint his nails after years of dreaming of having long, beautiful nails like his mother's. Just like the guy in that thread, I too am a straight male who for years has admired long, beautiful nails, and have wanted nothing more than to able to grow my own.

It all started when I was 12. My next door neighbour and friend had been given permission by her mother to grow her nails for the summer holidays. I remember thinking how cool her nails looked, and in fact being quite jealous of them. As a boy, I had obviously always been told to cut my nails regularly and really wanted to experience all the fun of being able to grow and decorate them. One day I asked my mother if she would let me grow and paint my nails like my best friend had been allowed to. Needless to say, she reacted with anger, and scolded me for even asking. Long, painted nails were something only girls had, I was told. I remember thinking it was really unfair and arbitrary that there should be one rule for boys and a different rule for girls. As far as I could see, it was a totally harmless, innocent thing to want to do, and I couldn't understand why my mother had reacted so angrily.

So the years went past, but I never lost that desire to be able to grow and take care of my nails. Whenever I noticed a woman with nice long nails, all those feelings of jealousy would come back. I tried a few times to just "forget" to cut my nails, whilst also making sure they were always clean and my cuticles were tidy, but the inevitable negative comments and disapproving stares I would receive when they reached a "feminine" length were enough to make me cut them to a more socially conventional length (as short as possible).

Then one day I stumbled upon the aforementioned forum thread. Reading all the positive and encouraging comments from the (mostly) women in that thread made me realise that not everybody was as judgemental as I had thought, and even if some people were, that shouldn't stop me from growing my nails as long as I had always dreamed of. So I decided to just go for it. The negative comments and disapproving stares started to become a regular occurrence, but I stubbornly refused to back down, and eventually I stopped caring altogether.

I've now kept my nails fairly long for around six months now, and I'm loving every second of it! So thanks to this forum for giving me the courage to finally go through with it!

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Good to see other guys growing their nails long. Why should the ladies get to have all the fun?!

Latest posts

Back