Finally No Lift!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
I just wanted to share something with you all. I have finally done my nails without getting any lift what so ever.

The reason i am telling you all this is because i thought my prep was fine, really thorough and didn't think that would be causing the problem i had with lift. I didn't get it too bad but it was always there to haunt me even though my nails started off looking good.

Carole Lindsay on here watched me do a nail from start to blending to see if i was doing anything wrong. It worked out i still wasn't taking enough of the cuticle area away and wasn't being as thorough as i first thought when clearing the nail plate of all the dead skin..

Now thanks to Caz for the first time EVER, i have no lift and my nails look great. I thought i would tell you so even if you feel your prep is fine it sometimes pays to have someone else watch you do it, then they could point out areas that can be improved thus improving the quality of the nails you do.

I have recently got two more new clients that before now i would have been dreading them as knew i used to have a problem with lift. Now i am actually looking forward to doing them both next week as feel alot more confident and know that my prep is very good.

Thanks again Caz you have been a great help, really given me confidence in myself and what i do.:D

Well done Wendy & Caz!!!!!

talented talons said:
I just wanted to share something with you all. I have finally done my nails without getting any lift what so ever.

The reason i am telling you all this is because i thought my prep was fine, really thorough and didn't think that would be causing the problem i had with lift. I didn't get it too bad but it was always there to haunt me even though my nails started off looking good.

Carole Lindsay on here watched me do a nail from start to blending to see if i was doing anything wrong. It worked out i still wasn't taking enough of the cuticle area away and wasn't being as thorough as i first thought when clearing the nail plate of all the dead skin..

Now thanks to Caz for the first time EVER, i have no lift and my nails look great. I thought i would tell you so even if you feel your prep is fine it sometimes pays to have someone else watch you do it, then they could point out areas that can be improved thus improving the quality of the nails you do.

I have recently got two more new clients that before now i would have been dreading them as knew i used to have a problem with lift. Now i am actually looking forward to doing them both next week as feel alot more confident and know that my prep is very good.

Thanks again Caz you have been a great help, really given me confidence in myself and what i do.:D
Awww shucks :o it was nothing - anything to help out a mate!!

Thats great Wends, maybe you can help me with my prep or watch me then to make sure im doing ok as you know i wasnt taught to do half as much as i should be, im not experiencing too much lift but like you it is still there x

No probs Kells, be good to pass on Caz's wisdom:D

It really is surprising what little things help.

talented talons said:

Hi!

I still have this problem sometimes. I think I was not leaving enough gap between the eponycium (Did I spell that right?!) and the nail plate. I spent a long time prepping my last set and making sure I really dehydrated the nails. It worked. I still have the odd bit but not nearly as bad as I used to have!
Sam x

I also find by using a real good cuticle remover helps a hell of a lot too, so worth looking into everything you use to give the best results.

Thanks for that! I have only ever used a couple of brands. It might be worth hunting around a bit.
I think my problem might happen sometimes when I don't dehydrate the nail enough after using cuticle remover. I feel so stupid - I know exactly how to do it , it's just putting it into practise that I'm not always do good at!!
Sam X

I wish I lived nearer you lot!!

Sam X

Hey Sammie,

isn't there anyone else that could help you closer to you?? The only other option is to come over here and stay for a weekend when we have another Geek meeting, then you could meet everyone, just a thought. Certainly too far to travel in one day there and back.

I'm glad to hear that you've solved your lifting problems. Never underestimate the power of letting a fellow Tech watch you work!! I'm happy this has made you more confident. I think more techs need to work together like this.

Well, the same thing happened to me, i was experiencing some lifting around the cuticles so i figured i either wasn't preping right, wasn't removing all the cuticles, or i was touching the cuticles with gel. So i removed my enhancement, re-applied being really carefull on those points and voilá, after 2 weeks not a single bit of lifting :) It's a great feeling isn't it?

SammiG said:
Thanks for that! I have only ever used a couple of brands. It might be worth hunting around a bit.
I think my problem might happen sometimes when I don't dehydrate the nail enough after using cuticle remover. I feel so stupid - I know exactly how to do it , it's just putting it into practise that I'm not always do good at!!
Sam X
After using cuticle remover are you washing it off? You need to do this before dehydrating as you don`t want the remover left on there

Debs said:
After using cuticle remover are you washing it off? You need to do this before dehydrating as you don`t want the remover left on there
Yeah she is!!

I'm doing what you said Caz and made up a solution in a bottle to use after cuticle remover.

Latest posts

Back