Finding a good purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the macadamia oil how does it compare?

I am after a new bleach what is ice cream like? Had spectrum training last week, I didn't use it as I was doing something else but can't wait to get going with it.

Have you done much training with them?

Ive never used macademia oil personally but i dont think there's much difference between any of them other than the consistency and heaviness of them. kitoko is very light and never goes greasy atall...theyve also just launch a 295ml size which i got delivered the other day and its so much better as its got a pump.
The protein additive is an oil but only for colour. it even porosity, increases vibrancy and longevity of the colour, prevents damage and adds shine...well thats what they say, havent used it yet haha.
Ice creme is a lovely bleach to use, had one issue since using it but that wasn't down to the bleach...it's ammonia free, and you either have the white powder which smells of sweet apple, or the blue powder which smells of fresh mint...neither can be used with more than 20 vol which in my eyes is good as it shouldnt be needed to, and can be used for on or off scalp applications.

ive done in house training in my last salon but i mostly text or call my colour tech with questions :)

Ive never used macademia oil personally but i dont think there's much difference between any of them other than the consistency and heaviness of them. kitoko is very light and never goes greasy atall...theyve also just launch a 295ml size which i got delivered the other day and its so much better as its got a pump.
The protein additive is an oil but only for colour. it even porosity, increases vibrancy and longevity of the colour, prevents damage and adds shine...well thats what they say, havent used it yet haha.
Ice creme is a lovely bleach to use, had one issue since using it but that wasn't down to the bleach...it's ammonia free, and you either have the white powder which smells of sweet apple, or the blue powder which smells of fresh mint...neither can be used with more than 20 vol which in my eyes is good as it shouldnt be needed to, and can be used for on or off scalp applications.

ive done in house training in my last salon but i mostly text or call my colour tech with questions :)

I like the sound of the protein additive, will have to ask about it next time im in the wholesalers.

I never use stronger than 6% with bleach anymore, scary to think I was told to use 12% when I was training

With the bleach how does it mix? does it mix smoothly and does it dry out quickly?

I like the sound of the protein additive, will have to ask about it next time im in the wholesalers.

I never use stronger than 6% with bleach anymore, scary to think I was told to use 12% when I was training

With the bleach how does it mix? does it mix smoothly and does it dry out quickly?

It has a strange consistency, it's kinda like bleach crossed with gel, mixes very easily too and doesn't dry out much atall

It has a strange consistency, it's kinda like bleach crossed with gel, mixes very easily too and doesn't dry out much atall

Will pick some up next time I go to the wholesalers, can you just use the normal Affinage peroxide or does it have it's own?

Will pick some up next time I go to the wholesalers, can you just use the normal Affinage peroxide or does it have it's own?

Nah just the normal affinage peroxide 1:2. If you use spectrum on the scalp at any point let me know what you think, I'm yet to find a guinea pig for it lol probs end up trying it on myself soon but trying to grow out the little bit of bleach thats still left in my quiff lol
How long have you used affinage?

Nah just the normal affinage peroxide 1:2. If you use spectrum on the scalp at any point let me know what you think, I'm yet to find a guinea pig for it lol probs end up trying it on myself soon but trying to grow out the little bit of bleach thats still left in my quiff lol

I have a client I kind of want to use it on but going to hold out till I can try it on a friend first lol not feeling that confidant with it yet

About 18 months I think what about you? X

I have a client I kind of want to use it on but going to hold out till I can try it on a friend first lol not feeling that confidant with it yet

About 18 months I think what about you? X

i think with scalp applications you just have to be prepared to rinse off and re apply...i think i'd rather bleach and tone but i havent seen the results from using it yet :)

i think about a year but i fell in love with it the minute i used the erasor and the coffee shop collection and pretty much researched everything there is to know about it, and then my obsession spread to kitoko haha x

i think with scalp applications you just have to be prepared to rinse off and re apply...i think i'd rather bleach and tone but i havent seen the results from using it yet :)

i think about a year but i fell in love with it the minute i used the erasor and the coffee shop collection and pretty much researched everything there is to know about it, and then my obsession spread to kitoko haha x

I'm not that keen on eraser but live the coffee shop and b red so so much,

I'm not that keen on eraser but live the coffee shop and b red so so much,

ah i love it, but now mobile i dont use it, too much effort and a pain in the ass if you want to apply a colour or bleach to the scalp after as it has to be washed so many times.

ah i love it, but now mobile i dont use it, too much effort and a pain in the ass if you want to apply a colour or bleach to the scalp after as it has to be washed so many times.

I have a colour correction to do mobile on we'd :( I'm dreading it for that reason

Someone in my salon is going to be using it on the scalp tomorrow on another stylist will let you know how it goes x

Someone in my salon is going to be using it on the scalp tomorrow on another stylist will let you know how it goes x

Ah cool that'd be great! X

Latest posts

Back