Finding a good purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevergivingup

Reaction score
I normally use Affinage but they do not have good purples. I am doing someone's hair tomorrow who wants it bright purple like in the photo, she had her colour stripped today and it's at a warm 8, I strand tested various colours but nothing was bright enough

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334260474.300198.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334260474.300198.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2,516
Goldwell do something called illumenence, i doubt if i have spelt that correctly though!
They do all the bright reds, coppers pinks and purples
x

Goldwell do something called illumenence, i doubt if i have spelt that correctly though!
They do all the bright reds, coppers pinks and purples
x

Do you know where sells gold well?

Hi dont know if you mean permanent or semi or what? But someone got their hair dip dyed today in work x bleached first then crazy colour it was called "hot purple" was really bright like the Colour in the pic dont know if that helps xx

Do you know where sells gold well?

I, not sure if you can get it at the wholesalers, might be direct from goldwell, have a look ar capital hair and beauty and barkers

also the crazy colour is a great idea, that would cover if shes now an 8

I, not sure if you can get it at the wholesalers, might be direct from goldwell, have a look ar capital hair and beauty and barkers

also the crazy colour is a great idea, that would cover if shes now an 8

Crazy colour is good but doesn't last long

Crazy colour is good but doesn't last long

if the hair is really porous it would last longer than a permanent, and im sure there isn't a permanent out there that would give you that colour. affinage do colour dynamics, and they have a purple but i haven't used it yet but i love the colours i have tried in the range. but i do love crazy colour too!
Also they may fade quick, but u can retail you client a bottle to add into her conditioner to keep the colour locked in...works a treat!

Crazy Colour Hot Purple is great, or Directions last pretty well too. I use a lot of these colours and have been using them n my own hair for years too.

Directions plum, works a treat even over hair bleached up to red stage. Will soak into porous hair and go a lovely vibrant purple, also if she uses sulphate free shampoo it will last a lot longer.

Well I found one, I used BRed red/violet mixed with 0.76 and 0.21 then foiled back to back as you can't use bred on the scalp

Well I found one, I used BRed red/violet mixed with 0.76 and 0.21 then foiled back to back as you can't use bred on the scalp

Then finished with dynamics manic magenta to give the roots a boost plus retailed it to the client to put in her shampoo

Joico intensity are fab ! They have a tab indigo purple! Sometimes I mix either a bit of pink or red in to alter the depth or tone!

How did it look? X

How did it look? X

Pretty much how the picture looked, it's faded a bit but not much, I have it on my hair too but did a full head, I do all sorts to me I wouldn't do on a client, but it's darker as my base is darker

Pretty much how the picture looked, it's faded a bit but not much, I have it on my hair too but did a full head, I do all sorts to me I wouldn't do on a client, but it's darker as my base is darker

Ah thats cool, i love breds but the purple is annoying because it needs to go on a lighter base.

how did you find the dynamics purple? i havent had chance to use it yet.

Ah thats cool, i love breds but the purple is annoying because it needs to go on a lighter base.

how did you find the dynamics purple? i havent had chance to use it yet.

Magenta bred is the only one I don't like even in a lighter base I'm not keen but with the intensives added to the RV it works really well

I like it on its own but if you dilute it it goes pink not lilac, have been told the blue dynamics is good to make lilac but can't get it as they are repackaging right now.

Do you use hot shots?

Magenta bred is the only one I don't like even in a lighter base I'm not keen but with the intensives added to the RV it works really well

I like it on its own but if you dilute it it goes pink not lilac, have been told the blue dynamics is good to make lilac but can't get it as they are repackaging right now.

Do you use hot shots?

Ah right, i think if u mix 30gs magenta, 10g's of 0,76 and 5g's of 0,2 you can get a really nice purple, a colour technician showed me it and it worked really well but im never brave enough to try it as its a waste of money/time if it doesn't work.
its annoying me that they're changing all the packaging because i wanted to try the shocking pink the other day but they were 'out of stock' so i had to go with crazy colour. i do hope they carry on with the 80ml sizes too...

do you use kitoko atall?

Ah right, i think if u mix 30gs magenta, 10g's of 0,76 and 5g's of 0,2 you can get a really nice purple, a colour technician showed me it and it worked really well but im never brave enough to try it as its a waste of money/time if it doesn't work.
its annoying me that they're changing all the packaging because i wanted to try the shocking pink the other day but they were 'out of stock' so i had to go with crazy colour. i do hope they carry on with the 80ml sizes too...

do you use kitoko atall?

I am going to try that mix on Tuesday, I have some old blonde extensions and just playing with them.

Shocking pink is good I put it over my blonde and it looked great

No I haven't any good?

Do you use the Affinage bleach?

I am going to try that mix on Tuesday, I have some old blonde extensions and just playing with them.

Shocking pink is good I put it over my blonde and it looked great

No I haven't any good?

Do you use the Affinage bleach?

Love kitoko, they've just launched a protein additive for colour and bleach, but the shampoos and conditioners, sprays and oil are amazing!

I use spectrum and ice creme :)

Love kitoko, they've just launched a protein additive for colour and bleach, but the shampoos and conditioners, sprays and oil are amazing!

I use spectrum and ice creme :)

I use the macadamia oil how does it compare?

I am after a new bleach what is ice cream like? Had spectrum training last week, I didn't use it as I was doing something else but can't wait to get going with it.

Have you done much training with them?

Latest posts

Back