Finding a job in the USA...?!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasha.B

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks!

I am hoping someone can give me some advice.....

I am hoping to go the USA for 6 months to a year, to either Miami, or California, and have no idea of how i go about looking for a job?!? Has anyone done anything similar to this or know what i should do?:?:
I will probably be booking a kind of holiday for a few weeks over there towards the end of the year so i can hopefully find out about some job oppurtunities.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or know anyone i can speak to regarding this?:confused:

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks guys!! :)

Are you looking to be a nail tech or some other kind of job?
I live in the U.S so maybe I can give you some ideas.Unfortunately, we have to go to school and get a license to do this as a job.With that said,you could look at the help wanted ads in the newspapers for the area that you will be working in.Have you looked on Monster.com? This is a job listing site and to my knowledge it is free.
Hope this will help you a bit:)

before you look into a job i would look into the state regulations and if your certificate can carry over. Here in the states each state has there own regulations reguarding the industry how many hoirs they require etc.. Alot of times someone will move from one state to another and the other state may require more hours so the certificate holder then has to go back to school to complete that states hours requirement then take that states final exams. but some websites you can look into jobdango.com monster like already stated im sure theres local classifides but with out that states certificate you wont be able to work legeally

good luch though hope everything works out for those are two very competive states in this industry but lots of work and many different styles

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was hoping to work s a nail tech, but didnt know u needed a license? I have my level 2 and 3 in beauty therapy too if that would make a difference?? I'm guessing i would find it pretty hard then without this license? How do i go about getting one of these?
Do u think it is a bad idea?

Again, thank you for replying xx

HI,
In the U.S you must go to a beauty school and the time they base your license on is Hours. It has been a few years since I was in school but Im thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 hours. You will go through a period of book study with stuff like anatomy of the hands and feet and sanitation laws ect.,before you ever get to actually practice on each other and then the schools usually invite the public to come in and you work on them.I hope this helps some and this also might help you find exactly what you need to know, as all states here vary on their rules and laws US State Board of Cosmetology Listing
Good Luck!:)

I just checked out for florida and california.Looks like california you only gotta have 400 hours and florida is 240 hours according to that wesite.Shouldn't take long to get your schooling!!:)

Aunaturale~

If you could post the websites you saw this info on it might be a big help to Tasha?

click on U.S state board of cosmetology listings in my first post.I clicked on it and it worked. I hope it is working for everyone else. Sorry that I didn't make that clear,that you had to click on that sentence to get the info. In my second post I gave the information from that link.Just tryin to help.Not exactly a genius when it comes to inserting links :o

Thank you aunaturale. I'm gonna check out that link and hope it gives me some info i need.
You've been a great help. Doesn't seem so far away now! Think i might actually be able to do it!!!
Thank you!!!!! :)

Latest posts

Back