Finding a new business name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
I'm sure alot of you have looked into this., and have read a couple of threads on here, but was wondering if anyone can shed anymore light on this matter..., When I set up self employed I will at first be classed as asole trader, i have searched the internet and found a few businesses with similar names, but only limited companies with the same name and not many of them, and some abroad....,
So my question is., do you have to be the only name out there or is it ok if you are the only one in your area ? Or if you are a sole trader and there are only limited companies out there with the same name, is it ok then ?

Thanks for any advice on this matter (I will also contact business link tomorrow to see if they can shed any light on this) x

Hi
I'm new to this myself, but from what I was told you can register with companies house if you are a Ltd company, but you could always check with them.
My business has the same name as a company in America. I have registered with the Tax man and had nothing hack to say its a problem. I think if there is a slight difference in name you should be ok

Not sure if that's much help x

Ok thanks Mrs Pip....., I'll get onto this next week and see where I get :D

Latest posts

Back