Finding staff help???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raajk

Reaction score
Hi

Looking to see if anyone can help or advise me. I've owned my salon for 15 years and always had some good loyal staff. My hairdresser left after 6 years and have had someone filling in for a year unfortunately her English wasn't very good but she managed and now she's leaving. I am the only one left I the hair and beauty salon and I don't do hair. I'm feeling deflated as I can't find anyone and feel if I can't I may have to give up as it won't be financially viable. I have advertised and getting no response and I have clients who would be looking to still come I'm gutted as I have a great shop in a great location. Any advice would be appreciated.

What are you offering to try and find the right person?

I am in London and recruiting staff in the hair and beauty industry down here has been a problem for a while.
Since before Covid affected us, 2019 I was constantly putting notices on job sites for staff and getting zero response. Even on this usually helpful platform looking for possible staff didn’t work.
I don’t know if renting a chair to a stylist would be a better option ?
I think this industry as a whole is not attracting people to come into it, Hairdresser’s I think are in very short supply in a lot of regions.
I now work alone in my salon, I quite like quite like it and I can cover all the expenses by myself, which I realise isn’t an option for others with large salons.
I wish you luck

Hi

Looking to see if anyone can help or advise me. I've owned my salon for 15 years and always had some good loyal staff. My hairdresser left after 6 years and have had someone filling in for a year unfortunately her English wasn't very good but she managed and now she's leaving. I am the only one left I the hair and beauty salon and I don't do hair. I'm feeling deflated as I can't find anyone and feel if I can't I may have to give up as it won't be financially viable. I have advertised and getting no response and I have clients who would be looking to still come I'm gutted as I have a great shop in a great location. Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm facing the same issue. I'm getting no responses to my ads for hiring stylists. I've contacted the local hair academies and asked them to pay on that social media and with job placement. The response is mostly wait until the students graduate and pass their exams. Praying that works

Maybe reword what you are offering. Or leave it more open, and be open to a slightly different arrangement then what you think you're looking for?

Latest posts

Back