Fine glitter powder on UV Gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alwen

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am qualified nail tech. I passed my courses about 6 months ago. I have started practising some nail art but I am still confused how things work [emoji51] ( I haven't done proper nail art course yet )

I bought magic powder from Brillbird which you can apply only on the top of the nail. It is not supposed to be mixed.

I use Gelaze gel polish from Essential nails.

I applied 2 thin layers of Gelaze colour on acrylic nails. I cured first and the second layer and then I sprinkled the powder over the second layer on the sticky residue. I used a brush to flat it down and applied top coat and cured.

Does anyone know if I did correct application or how do you do it?

I want also try velvet powder and fine glitters to see what they all look like. But I get confused how to exactly apply them

Any advice really appreciated x

Watch Sarah R on you tube
You'll learn everything you need to know

Thank you I will definitely watch her. X x

Her you tube videos are the best to watch in my opinion, be prepared to spend a fortune though as I always want to buy everything Sarah uses!!!!

Hi I find playing about with products you will find what works best. I too am a newly qualified nail tech and seeing all the amazing nail art I want to do everything!! I'm attracted to anything glittery! I would do exactly the same for fine glitter and before top coat burnish it to ensure it sticks. (Rub in circular motions) keep separate top coat for glitters to aviod cross contamination. Chunky glitters are a tad bit tricker! The vids on Sarah channel are brill also!!

Enjoy x

Hello everyone,

I am qualified nail tech. I passed my courses about 6 months ago. I have started practising some nail art but I am still confused how things work [emoji51] ( I haven't done proper nail art course yet )

I bought magic powder from Brillbird which you can apply only on the top of the nail. It is not supposed to be mixed.

I use Gelaze gel polish from Essential nails.

I applied 2 thin layers of Gelaze colour on acrylic nails. I cured first and the second layer and then I sprinkled the powder over the second layer on the sticky residue. I used a brush to flat it down and applied top coat and cured.

Does anyone know if I did correct application or how do you do it?

I want also try velvet powder and fine glitters to see what they all look like. But I get confused how to exactly apply them

Any advice really appreciated x
Sounds good to me. That's how I do it.

Latest posts

Back