Fine, thin hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attitude

Reaction score
Hi All
I am popping over from nails to ask you experienced stylists for help. I have baby fine hair, and it always has been, but it's also thinning in my middle-age. I have searched high and low for good advice on what sort of cut I should have. I am tired of chasing stylists and their straight razors away. Also tired of every stylist that does my hair saying "omg your hair is thin". YES, I know it is; I do it every day and it's been frustrating me for 40 years.

Anyhoo, I haven't had a cut in 9 months. My hair barely grows. And just to reiterate, it's VERY fine. The back is about shoulder length but somehow the sides never tend to grow and are just below my ears. I have bangs. My hair is very wispy on the ends.

Can someone please help me? My hair makes me unhappy every single day!

Thanks so much!

Bumping this. Please help.

Hi, I have a client with very similar hair by the sounds of it. You might have to go a little shorter, just to get some volume and lose the wispy bits. A heavier fringe (bangs) can help make it look a bit thicker. Also some soft layers, to lift the style and give it more shape. I know sometimes it seems difficult when your hair is that fine, but you will find someone who will be able to help. Maybe try consultations at a couple of places to see what they say? I hope this helps a little.x

Thank you very much Aurora :)

Latest posts

Back