Finger Frenzies!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
l never get amazed at some of the unusual goings on with some of my clients fingers, they take on a life of their own. For instance:

Two clients of mine get a case of 'erect thumbs' :eek: no matter what, when l get to the thumbs they're up in the air giving me the thumbs up and the clients never know it is happening.

One client when buffing her nails - tells me her bum 'buzzes' :o :( not alot l can do about that.

But the one that has me laughing my head off is a pedicure client who goes into hysterical laughter at the thought of having her pedi started, she's fine when l start but the first time it happened l was horrified - scared - and open mouthed as l wondered what the hell l did.

Either way my clients have a great sense of humour and l just say it is cause they are pleased to see me!!!!!! :D

l doubt im the only one who has odd 'fingers' etc so tell us yours, l need a giggle.

I once had a gentleman who came in for weekly manicures, and I swear he was stroking my hand with his pinky finger!! Now imagine you are performing a mani, and just say you're working on the index finger....well his meaty little pinky was slightly stroking my hand. I thought mayby he had a little shaking thing going on.....but time and time again....this happened. Strange indeed. Later!

LOL, i have had the thumb thing too!!

You hold the thumb ready to do the cuticle or shape the nail and it goes stiff as a board and points up. I tell my client to relax and she says she is, so i have to wiggle the thumb to show her how stiff it is....it always gets a laugh.

I have another client that loves having her nails done, but it puts her teeth on edge everytime i have to shape the free edge. You can see er physically grit her teeth, and she has to talk really quickly while i do it. I am so care ful with my filing but have to do it quick with this client.:D

I had a client last week that had never had enhancements before.
She said that she was 'dreading' the cuticle work.
I tried to distract her as much as possible when it came to the pusher meets plate bit but, she went deathly white, her hands went cold, said her legs were wobbly, and I had to get her a drink.
We ended up going for a walk around the garden until she felt able to 'give it another go'.
That appointment lasted nearly 4 hours :eek:
Lucky for me I work from home and had no more appoints.
Heaven knows how you ladies cope with one like this in a salon situation!

Glorsclaws said:
I had a client last week that had never had enhancements before.
She said that she was 'dreading' the cuticle work.
I tried to distract her as much as possible when it came to the pusher meets plate bit but, she went deathly white, her hands went cold, said her legs were wobbly, and I had to get her a drink.
We ended up going for a walk around the garden until she felt able to 'give it another go'.
That appointment lasted nearly 4 hours :eek:
Lucky for me I work from home and had no more appoints.
Heaven knows how you ladies cope with one like this in a salon situation!

I know this feeling - my sis does exactly the same. The moment I get the pushie anywhere near her nail plate she goes deathly pale and gets the sweats. Bit of a prob seeing as she's my model for my Creative conversion is 2 weeks time!

Shaza

Im not the only one it seems who has a story to tell.

Perhaps some class, nail techs similar to the 'dentist' what a horrible thought LOL

The posts have really given me a giggle.

Thanks for that.

I've had the thumbs up too!

A couple of weeks ago I had a new client come in for a full set started to prep, right hand first, pinkie to thumb over to the left hand pinkie aaghh not there. It gave me a bit of a fright and I actually 'jumped' a bit in my seat. Every time I went to the left hand I went for the pinkie that wasn't there. Luckily she had a good sense of humour and told me her husband only noticed it was missing after six months of dating.

Saw her today for a rebalance and am glad to say had regained my composure although I did automatically try to hold that missing pinkie!!

Latest posts

Back