Fingertips & Beauty Training School

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollyballoo

Truly, Madly Geeky...
Reaction score
A friend is trying to get some feedback on another board about the Fingertips & Beauty Training School in Northwood but without any response so just wondering, does anyone on here know anything of this establishment before she enrols herself there?

have you tried doin a search to see if its been a topic before.

I know im kinda being no use at all, but thought i would post so u didn't think no one was here. seeing as the site is having probs n all, and i think most of the experienced geeks aren't here.

sorry!

I have just finished the training at Fingertips & Beauty and will be starting my assessments in September. I have been very impressed with it there. It's a very professional set-up and does all sorts of beauty courses, not just nails. They train to NVQ standard for nails. The training is either on Sunday afternoons or various days/evenings during weekdays. The tutors (I have experienced) are all very good and the training & class tests very thorough. They also include one free personal tutorial for each subject (so with nail tech one for enhancements, one nail art & one man/ped). The assessments also seem quite thorough - as well as the course work & case studies you have 12 in total for nail tech.

If there is anything else you would like to know - drop me a pm.

Rosie said:
I have just finished the training at Fingertips & Beauty and will be starting my assessments in September. I have been very impressed with it there. It's a very professional set-up and does all sorts of beauty courses, not just nails. They train to NVQ standard for nails. The training is either on Sunday afternoons or various days/evenings during weekdays. The tutors (I have experienced) are all very good and the training & class tests very thorough. They also include one free personal tutorial for each subject (so with nail tech one for enhancements, one nail art & one man/ped). The assessments also seem quite thorough - as well as the course work & case studies you have 12 in total for nail tech.

Thanks for that Rosie - I'll pass that info on - I know she is very keen because it is over weekends - just wish it was closer to me because I think I would consider it too quite honestly - its cool that they do Sunday afternoons...

Rosie said:

Hi Rosie
A WORD OF WARNING!!!
I completed my NVQ 2 & 3 (manicures, pedicures and artificial nail structures) training and assessments near on a year ago with Fingertips and Beauty in Northwood and received my certificates shortly afterwards. Only to be pointed out by a new friend who is training to be a NVQ assessor (not in beauty industry) that I was awarded not an NVQ 2 & 3 but a certificate of units. These do not contribute fully to an NVQ. I contacted the VTCT to be told that this is correct and I should contact the 'college' to confirm this is how they operate. I felt I was misled, although I am very competent in my work I feel that they were very misleading and the paperwork that goes with the applications are not very clear. They show NVQ's and f&b advertise as a NVQ training centre of which I have no doubt they are but do not clearly define that the 18+weeks course is for units only and not a full NVQ.
Good luck in your assessments, I am sure you will do well.

jacki said:
Hi Rosie
A WORD OF WARNING!!!
I completed my NVQ 2 & 3 (manicures, pedicures and artificial nail structures) training and assessments near on a year ago with Fingertips and Beauty in Northwood and received my certificates shortly afterwards. Only to be pointed out by a new friend who is training to be a NVQ assessor (not in beauty industry) that I was awarded not an NVQ 2 & 3 but a certificate of units. These do not contribute fully to an NVQ. I contacted the VTCT to be told that this is correct and I should contact the 'college' to confirm this is how they operate. I felt I was misled, although I am very competent in my work I feel that they were very misleading and the paperwork that goes with the applications are not very clear. They show NVQ's and f&b advertise as a NVQ training centre of which I have no doubt they are but do not clearly define that the 18+weeks course is for units only and not a full NVQ.
Good luck in your assessments, I am sure you will do well.
Up until now, we have not had a stand alone NVQ for Nail enhancements, we just had unit 19, taken from the Beauty NVQ...............
So it is correct that you only have unit certification.............................

As from September this year, we will have our own stand alone NVQ in Nail Technology.................big changes there................I am sure you can add to your unit certificate if you wished to do so....................
Marian is the one that knows whats what there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HTH

hi it sounds great this new nvq i am in essex but cant find anyone doin it near me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back