finishing gloss over polish how to..?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
Just a quick question..
i have heard people use say ibd intense seal or brisa finishing gloss over polish, now say the polish is completely dry. how do i put the finishing gloss/intense seal on, it isnt suppose to stick to shiny surfaces is it? do i have to buff the polish back a little bit before applying it?
thanks in advance Nic

p.s. i know it may sound daft lol but i really am confused by this one! :lol::smack::eek:

Brisa finishing gloss is only applied in a rough or sticky surface and the same I believe is for ibd intense seal. They are not proper for polish.

IBD UV Topcoat is what you need. It is applied over polish and dries under lamp for 2 min.

Have tried it over a french polish (just white on the tips, no ther polish) & it cracks. The white polish was applied in one even thin layer & allowed to dry but it cracked (in a crazy paving kind of way!!) This is just my experience, would imagine the same would apply with a full polish.

If you did manage to do this it would be making an awful lot of work for yourself to remove the polish during maintenance appointments (ie it would all have to be filed off). Why not try a good topcoat?

I have recently discovered the most fantastic topcoat, it's called Diamond Dry by Pure nails. It dries quicker than any other topcoat I have ever used, & I have tried them all!!! Is extremley hard wearing too, had a client in yesterday for maintenance who is normally a 2 weeker, always has polish, but on this occasion had gone 3 weeks. Her polish was still completley intact & looked freshly done (except fpr the growth area!)

It is a slightly thinner consistency than "normal" topcoats, dosen't go thick, even when squeezing the final drops from the bottom of the bottle which is a huge plus. The drying time is a huge plus for me though, since I started using this about 6 weeks ago I have not had a single client who has smudged her polish before leaving the salon (& lets face it, that is a real pain in the rear!). I timed it last week & within 3 min it was completley dry, amazing. I stiil advise people to be careful when they leave of course, but have had 100% fantastic results with this!!!

hiya, ibd intense seal can be apply directly on to polish, no need to buff, however the polish has to be 100% dry otherwise the seal will start to crack and the polish will be kind of soft underneath

I use Quattro by Star Nails. It' super dooper shiny and cures in 2 mins. I've had it on over polish for up to 3 weeks before. No chipping and the shine is still dazzling.

It can also be used over natural nails and any type of enhancement. I also find it great for encasing gems, decals, etc.

And no, I'm not on commission. :green:

hiya, ibd intense seal can be apply directly on to polish, no need to buff, however the polish has to be 100% dry otherwise the seal will start to crack and the polish will be kind of soft underneath

thanks ladies, well i did my polish the day before yesterday and applied ibd's intense seal on one hand and creatives finishing gloss on the other hand both the day after applying the polish (revlons swoop :eek::lol:) i am pretty rough on my hands and i just checked and so far so good on both hands! yay!

I cant get my IBD to work properly over polish.. it smudges.. but i bought a cheaper uv topcoat ages ago (i think the brand is lina) from my W/S and that works a treat.. i have had it on my toes up to 3 weeks and not a chip or a dull moment!

I have recently discovered the most fantastic topcoat, it's called Diamond Dry by Pure nails. It dries quicker than any other topcoat I have ever used, & I have tried them all!!! Is extremley hard wearing too, had a client in yesterday for maintenance who is normally a 2 weeker, always has polish, but on this occasion had gone 3 weeks. Her polish was still completley intact & looked freshly done (except fpr the growth area!)

It is a slightly thinner consistency than "normal" topcoats, dosen't go thick, even when squeezing the final drops from the bottom of the bottle which is a huge plus. The drying time is a huge plus for me though, since I started using this about 6 weeks ago I have not had a single client who has smudged her polish before leaving the salon (& lets face it, that is a real pain in the rear!). I timed it last week & within 3 min it was completley dry, amazing. I stiil advise people to be careful when they leave of course, but have had 100% fantastic results with this!!!
i've been using diamond dry for four years and it is by far the best top coat ever! it's super super shiney and it dries really fast...totally reccomend this for a top coat!

Latest posts

Back