Finishing touches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toothfairy

Reaction score
I was wondering what peoples finishing touches are for enhancements?
When doing L&P i was taught to either use top coat nail varnish or UV Top coat.
Also when refining the shape of the enhancement I seem to get scratches that don't dissapear when using a 3 way buffer and if I use some sort of top coat they are still visable.
How do you refine the shape of glitter acrylics/gels without loosing the colour or sparkle of the enhancement.

I would love to hear peoples opinion on how they finish and get a great looking tidy nail.

I was wondering what peoples finishing touches are for enhancements?
When doing L&P i was taught to either use top coat nail varnish or UV Top coat.
Also when refining the shape of the enhancement I seem to get scratches that don't dissapear when using a 3 way buffer and if I use some sort of top coat they are still visable.
How do you refine the shape of glitter acrylics/gels without loosing the colour or sparkle of the enhancement.

I would love to hear peoples opinion on how they finish and get a great looking tidy nail.
You need to use several files/buffers to achieve this. 180 grit file then a 240 padded buffer, then you could even go softer than that say a 300 buffer block then you use your 3 way shiner. hth x

Me Im lazy. I use a 180 grit then finish off with brisa gloss. :)

I use NSI and finish off with Glaze N Go

x

That depends on what the client wants. If they're just getting polish with their acrylic, then it's 2 coats of polish, nail art if they wanted it, then regular topcat. If they want to keep it natural with their pink and whites, gel topcoat so the shine lasts. With glitter acrylics, the best thing to do is apply it thin and top with clear acrylic so that when you go in to finish it off, you're not filing into the glitter. As for finishing, Karen said it best. You use a rougher grit file (I use my e-file) to refine the shape, and gradually switch to finer grit file or buffer to smooth it out.

My customers all love the uv topcoat, its a real finishing touch that I always recommend, especially if a client has nail art.....it never fails to keep gems in place and it keeps my customers handpainted nail art in tip top condition until their next appointment. I always have it on my own gels or acrylics......I wouldn't feel dressed without it lol it would be like going outside without my knickers on :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back