First attempt at blending. How did I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, maybe this is me being a bit thick!! I get the grip with the finger on the top of the file for one side of the nail but how does it go when you do the left side (I am right handed). I can't picture it without looking cack handed!

The way I am taught on my course you hold it the file in your right hand and file up iykwim? I find myself holding the file over the top of the nail and filing from there but I don't know if this is the correct method.

Only-me I am counting down till the kids go to bed lol. I'll get a set done then have a nice glass of rose as a reward hahaha

Only-me I am counting down till the kids go to bed lol. I'll get a set done then have a nice glass of rose as a reward hahaha

My kinda gal but I'm red vino lol

Ok, maybe this is me being a bit thick!! I get the grip with the finger on the top of the file for one side of the nail but how does it go when you do the left side (I am right handed). I can't picture it without looking cack handed!

Hi Claire I'm gonna be doing it later, I'll take a pic n post it on here... It just what works for me and gets even results quicker ... Hope it comes out right - better than me trying to explain

Thanks only, that would be brill, I just can't visualise it!!

Red wine is ok but can't beat a rose lpl

I'll be redoing my nails later but had an invite to my friendy round the corner for a couple of g n t's oops - haven't got time to do nails first hmm results should be interesting when I get home! Lol x

There is an air bubble on the first and middle finger I know but I'm very impressed with myself so far!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335640476.359451.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335640476.359451.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 167
And this is them overlayed and ready for finishing.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335641581.167867.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335641581.167867.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 169
And the finished product!! I'm well chuffed for my first start to finish nails! A few air bubbles in the acrylic but otherwise I think I did ok?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335642813.526116.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335642813.526116.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 145
Hi, u look like ur doing well and really getting into the course x

Claire this is how I hold the file... Sits on and winds round to each side x
5c0f4c46-692c-a1b9.jpg

5c0f4c46-6941-8570.jpg

You hold it within your hand...

And the finished product!! I'm well chuffed for my first start to finish nails! A few air bubbles in the acrylic but otherwise I think I did ok?

Hey you've done really really well!! Is this liquid and powder ?! You've improved already x

Yeah it's L&P. I've done about 13 nails tonight (messed up a couple as I had the window open to help with fumes which mean the adhesive took an age to dry!!)

I've had to stop now. I can no longer ignore the call of the wine!! Hahaha

Well done you! I'm struggling with l&p can't get the mix quite right or a decent smile...
Enjoy your vino hun x

Thanks. Do you have any suggestions as to why I'm getting bubbles in the acrylic? I found it quite easy to get the mix right with my system but I know it differs with each one.

I'm sure it will click soon for you. I didn't want to stop practising tonight.

Adamantine, have you got all the bubbles out of your brush? Press it down onto the bottom of your dappen dish a couple of times until no more come out, you'll be surprised how many bubbles you get! Also when you press the bead onto the nail let it relax for a few seconds before you start working it. One other cause of bubbles is repeatedly wiping your brush on a wipe, try not to do this, you'll also reduce vapours by not wiping! Hth's

Latest posts

Back