First Attempt at Brisa on Myself!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Hi
The links don't work for me - I can't see anything :cry:

its a site that you have to join in order to see the pikkies.....:sad: they were too big to put in the geek gallery and I have no way to make them smaller..... sorry.

Mani-fique! said:
its a site that you have to join in order to see the pikkies.....:sad: they were too big to put in the geek gallery and I have no way to make them smaller..... sorry.

Hiya Tamm,
The nails look brill, If you pm me i will reduce the photo's so u can post on here.

Hi Tamm - I like the pics. The nails are great. I hope to do a Brisa course soon. How does Brisa compare with other gels?

NailNovice2 said:
Hi Tamm - I like the pics. The nails are great. I hope to do a Brisa course soon. How does Brisa compare with other gels?
I'm afraid that I'm completely new to gels so I can't compare it with anything.... what I will say though is that so far so good. Its so much easier for me to use than L&P and once I've got over a few teething probs... i.e... a bit of lifting - not as much as I used to get with L&P, and the general application, I think I will be very happy with it. I find it far more a relaxing experience than L&P as there is no panic. You have plenty of time to get those smiles right and I must say that the smiles are easier or so I find once you've got your technique. I know I used white tips on myself but I have done a set on my mother in law and the smiles were better.

Glad you like the nails:) thanks.

For those who can't see the pikkies Lesley has very kindly made them smaller so I can get them in the geek gallery. They are aren't as big as the ones on her site but hopefully you will get the idea of what they are like

Thanks ever so Lesley your a star!

696Brisa_Toes.JPG
696Brisa.JPG

I have also posted the full size photo's in the photo gallery on this site ..........they are brill enjoy
Well done Tamm

So pleased to hear youre happy and getting on with Brisa Tamm,
Your piccies are lovely and the work speaks for its self.
Take care ... (nice to see you back) x.

I didnt think you could use Brisa with the white coloured tips as they wont cure properly under the lamp?

Ive done the course and Im sure this was mentioned.

Would love to know for sure as the white tip option would be sooooo much easier!!

Can anyone clarify?

I tried it with clear tips and forgot to buff the shine of them and the gel separated itself from the tip- so maybe that would happen with a white tip too, but the adhesion to my nail plate was fab- i was just in a hurry... mega impressed by the brisa thou... ive just painted my l and p nails tropinkal and sealed it with the uv finishing gloss.. Marvellous stuff...

On my course we were advised that white tips can be used but they must be blended if you do not blend the tips then the gel will come away.

I regularly do Brisa on myself with white tips blended with no problems and go about 10-14 days before I need a rebalance. The reason why I need a rebalance so early is because I am a full time Nail Technician working approximately 70 hours a week so obviously the wear and tear on my nails is quite mad, plus I have them very long :)

HTH's

Jue xxx

Thanks for all your positive comments peeps:)

As far as white tips are concerned...... I was told that so long as you use clear/pink and not the white gel and to double cure to be on the safe side then you can do it. I'm not sure I would actually do this as general practice. I only used them on myself to get them done if you know what I mean. I would rather play safe and use the gels to create my whites.

I have had some chipping away at the free edge but its mainly on my right hand and I've put that down to not capping properly. I also did blend the tips in a tad so maybe thats helped as Jue has suggested.

Latest posts

Back