First attempt at extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at extensions.

They are Grade B 0.5gmicro ring, 180 strands in thick hair. I would never use cheap hair but this client was skint so brought her own (admittedly awful quality) hair.

Any opinions on my blending and cutting? Constructive criticism very welcome. Unless its about the quality of hair as I would never use that rubbish hair on a paying customer.

Thanks xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336043068.495621.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336043068.495621.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 204
well done on your 1st attempt! now to convince your client to let you buy the hair though, i try to tell people that its false economy buying cheap as they need new hair more often.

i would say more hair is required... i aim for about 120-150g of hair on a normal head and 175g for a thick head :) i think with her layers being as short the overall length would look better somewhat shorter, and that would have it looking less thin at the ends also. its easier to blend the natural hair when you havent "over lengthened" iykwim?!

well done though! x

as siobrennan has said id deffo of cut some of the length and used thicker strands :) have you added layers to the extensions cos i cant tell from the pic? xx

as siobrennan has said id deffo of cut some of the length and used thicker strands :) have you added layers to the extensions cos i cant tell from the pic? xx

I would normally use 0.8g strands but as I said, she brought her own bog standard extensions. Yeah there is a slight gradient between the top layer of extensions and the bottom layer xxx

Latest posts

Back