first attempt at glitter gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi guys, wondering if yous can have a wee peek at my first attempt at doing gel nail with glitter tip,i just done one as im still working onthe apex as its still abit flat just wondering what u think about the shape ,i did get some glitter on zone2&3 by mistake :irked:any suggestions would be gr8 :hug:

I think the shap is very good, well done, I have gotten the glitter on the wrong part my self before, all I did to "correct" it was, very lightly blend the glitter up a bit further, the end result looked good and you couldnt tell it was a mistake.

Well done but its hard to tell as the picture isnt too clear.

How did you apply the glitter - talk us through your glitter process too as there are things you can go to avoid getting the glitter transfer where you dont want it.

Keep practicing - it does get easier.

hi guys, wondering if yous can have a wee peek at my first attempt at doing gel nail with glitter tip,i just done one as im still working onthe apex as its still abit flat just wondering what u think about the shape ,i did get some glitter on zone2&3 by mistake :irked:any suggestions would be gr8 :hug:

Hi
I can't really see it, the picture is to out of focus, try taking it again using the macros setting on your camera (which is the little flower).

Hi
I can't really see it, the picture is to out of focus, try taking it again using the macros setting on your camera (which is the little flower).
thx yes iv tryed clicking the flower but they are still blurry:mad: il upload them as soon as i stop fighting with the camera:rolleyes:

Well done but its hard to tell as the picture isnt too clear.

How did you apply the glitter - talk us through your glitter process too as there are things you can go to avoid getting the glitter transfer where you dont want it.

Keep practicing - it does get easier.
hi ,i used nsi balance gel ,prep nail as usuall
Applied 1st thin layer builder then cure
Wiped with cleanse
lightly buffed
Applied clear very thinly to the free edge
I dipped this lighlty into the glitter
With brush then tidyed the smile lines (didnt do too well on that :rolleyes:)
Applied builder layer to creat appex( mines is quite flat looking )
Buff ,shaped abit ,applied finish clear cure :confused:
hope this works this time heres some more pics to look at hope u can see them better :hug:

hi ,i used nsi balance gel ,prep nail as usuall
Applied 1st thin layer builder then cure
Wiped with cleanse
lightly buffed
Applied clear very thinly to the free edge
I dipped this lighlty into the glitter
With brush then tidyed the smile lines (didnt do too well on that :rolleyes:)
Applied builder layer to creat appex( mines is quite flat looking )
Buff ,shaped abit ,applied finish clear cure :confused:
hope this works this time heres some more pics to look at hope u can see them better :hug:

I have found that i can achieve a much tidier look with the glitter if mix some of the glitter in a spare pot with some clear gel, then apply it as you would a POW, cure without touching or tidying the smile. Then apply a layer of clear gel over the top and cure. Then buff down to a smooth surface. The use finishing gel as normal.

Try it that way and see if it makes a difference.

I have found that i can achieve a much tidier look with the glitter if mix some of the glitter in a spare pot with some clear gel, then apply it as you would a POW, cure without touching or tidying the smile. Then apply a layer of clear gel over the top and cure. Then buff down to a smooth surface. The use finishing gel as normal.

Try it that way and see if it makes a difference.
I always use my glitter with gel the same as you do, I have a few empty gel pots that I've put to good use in that way and have the coloured glitter gel all ready for application :green:

I always use my glitter with gel the same as you do, I have a few empty gel pots that I've put to good use in that way and have the coloured glitter gel all ready for application :green:

hi yes i tryed that tonight on my daughter and it worked better thx guys ,just to let u see a full hand on myself i ended up doing them all see what u think ,they are my first and il need to pratice on the appex too and as u say doing mix glitter with clear gel in little pots would work better too as u wont risk getting glitter all mixted up in the clear:eek:
AAAAH IT WONT LET ME UPLOAD THE PIC :irked:

thx yes iv tryed clicking the flower but they are still blurry:mad: il upload them as soon as i stop fighting with the camera:rolleyes:

you need to put your hand on something, like a table....holding it up in the air like that, it wont be able to focus on macro

hope this works this time soz guys :rolleyes:

hope this works this time soz guys :rolleyes:
Going on the first attachment...
Not bad for a first attempt, however, they're quite inconsistent.
The thumbnail is showing natural free edge, it would look loads better of the thumbnail was shorter and the glitter applied so as to hide the natural free edge. The first finger smile line is wonky but it can take some practice so don't panic. The pinky looks too wide and the overlay looks uneven but the focus of the photo might not be helping.
The middle and ring finger nails are the best ones IMO, overall well done :hug:

heres a couple more soz i shoud have done it all in the post:rolleyes:

Are you using a different brush for your glitter gels and normal gel. If not I would try using a different brush for just glitter gel only. That way you wont get the glitter going into zone 2 or 3.

Going on the first attachment...
Not bad for a first attempt, however, they're quite inconsistent.
The thumbnail is showing natural free edge, it would look loads better of the thumbnail was shorter and the glitter applied so as to hide the natural free edge. The first finger smile line is wonky but it can take some practice so don't panic. The pinky looks too wide and the overlay looks uneven but the focus of the photo might not be helping.
The middle and ring finger nails are the best ones IMO, overall well done :hug:
thx for your apply yes i think it will take pratice(lots) lol. i notice my thumb when id cured it but i can fix that when i do the rebalance (can i ??)and im right handed so doing my left hands abit harder,just that i was going to get someone else to do them for my holidays but i says "right sharon" have a bash yourself you`ll need to have a go sometime ,my pinky i overdid it wilh the glitter thats why its wide looking :rolleyes: but as u say practice,practice .my right hands abit better but dont wont to bore you with any more pics :eek::hug:

Are you using a different brush for your glitter gels and normal gel. If not I would try using a different brush for just glitter gel only. That way you wont get the glitter going into zone 2 or 3.
no i just used the same brush and wipe it with cleanse ,but il do that the nexted time :hug:

I have a glitter gel backfill tutorial on my website www.gelessentialz.com
Check it out, maybe it will help

Latest posts

Back