First attempt inverted nail application gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well done vicky for trying and looking forward to see how they last.

I cant wait to see what THG launches in sept, so i can give it a go with l&p.

I know some that are not convienced with this and can only see it as an alternative to stick ons. But I think it could sit well in a salon as an alternative to party/weekend nails (instead of just blending a tip and painting) you could offer weekend glittertip etc.

Well I just tried this with L&P and it didn't work.... the acrylic stuck to the tip and I nearly ripped my OH nail off trying to get it off. Maybe I did it wrong?
It was worth it though to see him in so much pain....and he so wanted Nailgraphix glitter tips:lol::lol::lol:

on a scale of 1 slight 10 really painfull how much over five and i might try again on my other half if its only a four i won't even be arsed to step off geek :lol:

on a scale of 1 slight 10 really painfull how much over five and i might try again on my other half if its only a four i won't even be arsed to step off geek :lol:

Ever seen a guy who looks like a 16 stone bouncer scream like a girl??
I'd say 10:lol::eek:
Needless to say no-one here will let me try with gel now...but I've got Nancy nail trainer here, she has a good pain threshold.
Good work mate for trying this I'm all for new ideas:hug:

love it! but dont really like gel :irked: hope the same results with acrylic?
well done though, love the step by step pic's :)

Just a thought ......
What about applying a layer of UVgel topcoat and curing before doing the L&P?
maybe this will help release the tip from the L&P.

Not sure if it would work but its just an idea that popped into my head.

First of all, I don't think they are selfproduced stickons. If they turn out to last as good as normally produced nails, they sure are a long way from that. At least the ones we have in Denmark, just using resin to adhere.

I don't know if I would sell these either, but love the fact that there are so many geeks here trying out some fun stuf, and who knows maby sometime, this will be the way for party nails...:)

Then I got to thinking, do any brisagal know if the clear forms would be suited to l&P? If so couldn't you put a clear form inside the tip first, then if you draw a line on the tip where the smileline has to be (by holding it on to the nail, avoiding problems with smilelineplacement) you can se the line still, and you can produce the smile line and place the whole thing with pink...

Just an other idea, don't have clear forms myself, or I would have a go!!!

:hug:

Tried it with acrylic the other day, but i am really rubbish with that system so gave up to soon but yes it is possible. I have just been playing so why not just play yourself :)

Hi
good Idea tricky I am off to play myself I will let you know how I get on:hug:

First of all, I don't think they are selfproduced stickons. If they turn out to last as good as normally produced nails, they sure are a long way from that. At least the ones we have in Denmark, just using resin to adhere.

I don't know if I would sell these either, but love the fact that there are so many geeks here trying out some fun stuf, and who knows maby sometime, this will be the way for party nails...:)

Then I got to thinking, do any brisagal know if the clear forms would be suited to l&P? If so couldn't you put a clear form inside the tip first, then if you draw a line on the tip where the smileline has to be (by holding it on to the nail, avoiding problems with smilelineplacement) you can se the line still, and you can produce the smile line and place the whole thing with pink...

Hi I am sorry but I just cant get my head around this one :cry:
could you possibly go over it step by step as it sounds like theres a good idea
in here I'm just not getting it , thanks :hug:

Well I just tried this with L&P and it didn't work.... the acrylic stuck to the tip and I nearly ripped my OH nail off trying to get it off. Maybe I did it wrong?
It was worth it though to see him in so much pain....and he so wanted Nailgraphix glitter tips:lol::lol::lol:
I tried it too with l/p, same thing, it stuck to the tip, tried painting the inside of thetip with top coat, still no joy and oil...no joy as l/p slid around and it still stuck!

Some kind of barrier is needed if doing with l/p but I can't work out what, I guess the inhibition layer is what makes it work with gel, as it's on the top side of the product which in this scenareo is next to the tip, not the underside of the product is the usual application.

Now that could work, if you could adhere the form to the inside of the tip without getting creases.....or even selotape might do it or cling film.....(only on myself though)! Sound like I'm on the Schming Schmong thread now lol!

well weather or not any of us are interested in doing it, Vicky deserves a slap on the back for giving it a go.
Quite right.

I wouldn't be interested in offering this service either but it is still very interesting and very adventurous of Tricky x
yep, thinking outside the box.

Sorry to be so negative. It just seems like only one step removed from the Boots stick ons, except you're making the stick-on yourself, first. I wouldn't be happy offering that. Where is the advantage in doing it this way?
Just a bit of fun playing.....

what an interesting technique/the results looked really good.also the photos were really clear and easy to follow so thanks for that.i too am wondering about placing the smile line in the right place,is there a trick to make sure you dont get it wrong? the nails looked lovely though,well done

Now that could work, if you could adhere the form to the inside of the tip without getting creases.....or even selotape might do it or cling film.....(only on myself though)! Sound like I'm on the Schming Schmong thread now lol!

What about about applying 2 layers of clear nailpolish to the inside of the nailtip?

Hi I am sorry but I just cant get my head around this one :cry:
could you possibly go over it step by step as it sounds like theres a good idea
in here I'm just not getting it , thanks :hug:

hey.
My idea was if you could place the form inside the tip, don't know if the clear forms have a sticky backside to it though, then you could see through all of it, if using a clear tip. In that way you could place the tip onto the nail, draw a line where you wanted the smile to be and then apply the l&P.

Hth
Karen:hug:

What about about applying 2 layers of clear nailpolish to the inside of the nailtip?
Tried that, it didn't work!

hey.
My idea was if you could place the form inside the tip, don't know if the clear forms have a sticky backside to it though, then you could see through all of it, if using a clear tip. In that way you could place the tip onto the nail, draw a line where you wanted the smile to be and then apply the l&P.

Hth
Karen:hug:
Yes they do but I think it would be quite tricky to put it in the inside of the tip without getting creases....I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

I was just watching this (had seen a couple months ago) on "YouTube", the company that does this is called "InvertedNailSystems" :) Sure would like to take a go at this - looks FUN but how would you do a FILL on this??

i think you just infill as normal...its just a quicker meathod for first time full sets...after that its carry on as normal.

Thank you Lady gold I was just about to write and tell peeps to watch you tube really great to watch and the nails look fab. Peeps wont be so dismissive of this method next month!!

I meant to post this a while back....I tried using the clear form on the inside of the tip as I thought....there were creases which spoiled the finished look, same thing happened with sticky tape....creases because you can't get something flat round a curve lol!

The tip was easily removed though!

Tricky, I just can't get this to work !!!! :irked: :irked: :irked:

When I apply the nail tip to the nail, it doesn't stay put like yours, it just lifts off.

I need to press it down to keep the shape and then place infront of the lamp to cure.

The nail tip isn't too big, so I don't understand why it keeps happening !!!!

Marlise

Latest posts

Back