First attempt inverted nail application gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very curious to hear how well they lasted Tricky??

This is brilliant, thank you for sharing with us. I've been having a look at some of the tips to have a play myself but I can only find full well tips with the dip which I assume would leave a dip in your finished nail. Where would you get some like this?

x x

Enter the salon nails comp and you could win some inverted moulds! x

I'm very curious to hear how well they lasted Tricky??

They lasted two weeks before they looked tired I lost the middle finger one after 7 days folded the garden chair and cought it in the folding bit :eek:but i was a little worse for wear and i had got straight up of my seat after the bbq so i wansn't thinking to much of what i was doing other than i need my bed lol

Nice one tricky i think you did a great job !

As with anything new,a bit more practise (on the apex lol) but top stuff,well done,you seem to be able to turn your hand to pretty much anything nails :hug:

I just wanna say i have seen this type of thing done,exellently and i would put ten bob on most geeks trying these within the upcomming months :wink2: even those who reckon they won't :lol:

Well I've just gone and tried to shape a tip to my finger and can't get anything like the right shape, I found it a lot harder than you made it look.

Well done Tricky !!!!

Well I've just gone and tried to shape a tip to my finger and can't get anything like the right shape, I found it a lot harder than you made it look.

Well done Tricky !!!!

You prob are but are you turning the tip round and shaping the free edge part to match your eponychium

You prob are but are you turning the tip round and shaping the free edge part to match your eponychium
Yes I am but it is about as good a fit as a pair of Crocs on a hamster !! Perhaps I just have odd shaped fingers, I seem to have more 'C curve' at the edge of Zone 3 than the tip:confused:

Yes I am but it is about as good a fit as a pair of Crocs on a hamster !! Perhaps I just have odd shaped fingers, I seem to have more 'C curve' at the edge of Zone 3 than the tip:confused:

:eek:stumped

OK I think I need a bit of gel science explained - great job by the way Tricky!

So how do you managed to cure the gel with a tip over the top of it - how does that work and if you are able to "peel" the tip off the gel after how does it normally stay on a tip when you put it on top of a tip the traditional way?

OK I think I need a bit of gel science explained - great job by the way Tricky!

So how do you managed to cure the gel with a tip over the top of it - how does that work and if you are able to "peel" the tip off the gel after how does it normally stay on a tip when you put it on top of a tip the traditional way?
Because it's a clear tip the UV can still cure the gel, same as when you use a clear tip for normal gel application.

The tip peels off because the inhibition layer is forced to the top of the gel application, so it's creating kind of a layer between the tip and the gel......in a normal gel application as the inhibition layer is on top, it doesn't affect the tip underneath.

Not very scientifically explained but HTH!

ohhh thanks Cathie - I totally get it!

Reaaly should read my Doug book!

This is brilliant, thank you for sharing with us. I've been having a look at some of the tips to have a play myself but I can only find full well tips with the dip which I assume would leave a dip in your finished nail. Where would you get some like this?

x x

I had a look to see if you could use them the other way round but they have the numbers on then so that wouldn't work either! x x

Ok, I've only just see this post andI have to say that I :Love: what you've done!!

We've obviously been talking a lot about moulds recently and I think that what you have acheived is not only a fab looking nail but total envy in all of us because we can't get it right!!!

I had a look to see if you could use them the other way round but they have the numbers on then so that wouldn't work either!

I did think about this cos all my tips have no's on them! I can see me having fab looking nails with a great big 2 imprinted on the end!! Could be a new fashion......!!!

Ok, I've only just see this post andI have to say that I :Love: what you've done!!

We've obviously been talking a lot about moulds recently and I think that what you have acheived is not only a fab looking nail but total envy in all of us because we can't get it right!!!

I did think about this cos all my tips have no's on them! I can see me having fab looking nails with a great big 2 imprinted on the end!! Could be a new fashion......!!!

some tips have the number on the inside, some the outside.

Ooh, yeah, I didn't think of that!! I can be so thick sometimes!! :eek::rolleyes::eek:

I've been looking everywhere and can't find any well less or number less tips! I had an e-mail to say the easy nail website would be launching today, has anyone else heard anything?

Lou x

I think the reason L/p don't work is because the mould or tip needs to e flexible plastic, so it can be peeled off.

Tricky has worked out how to use clear tips for gel only. I think this is fantastic and the photos are very much appreciated. Well done Tricky.

I had a go using gel and it was a bit hit and miss for me (obviously not doing something right!), one nail turned out ok but I found trying to peel off the nail tip horrendous! It REALLY wanted to stay put! I found it a little easier if I removed the nail tip before the gel underneath had been fully cured and then continued the cure after the tip was removed.

As for the Easy Nail website - are they kidding? They want people to pay £100 ( and that's supposed to be a Special Offer!!?!!) to become a member! Are they off their trolley?? Besides - their 'moulds' just stay on the nail, they don't peel away like the other moulds do.

* Oh I've GOT to have a try at this:green: Looks pretty neat (if I can get the hang of it) !!

Latest posts

Back