first attempt stilleto

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
Firstly i would like to say that this set has been rebalanced 2 times.. and filled once..Im really happy with my rebalancing now as i dont chase the lines anymore (thanks Geeg)

I am due to do the zone 1 today.. the last time i filled only zone 2 and 3 as my hand hurt from my fall .. last night a crack in the tip of one on the side of the FE split fully.. so i thought rather then soak off and do it again i would try the stilleto shape..

not a huge fan.. but i am wanting feedback and tips on how to effectively achieve the stilleto shape.. i have read Geegs tut but as you can see from pic 2 there is a long way to go..

I am wondering how deep my smile should be.. if perhaps because of my fat fingers :green: I should go deeper then usual?? is that standard in stiletto?

salon 097.jpg

salon 077.jpg

Wow chels.. they look bloody awful.. hehe 31 views no comments.. must be bad!

I actually had a client ask me if i could do that shape on her today.. I used a french tip and wobbled my way through it.. an aquired taste..

Don't yah hate it when know one comments:confused:thats the problem with international time zones:). Any how congrats on your first attempt, I do prefer a deeper smile line with almond/stilletto nails it gives the illusion of longer narrower nails for yours I would take the corners down abit further and make the smile more almond than arc shaped( if you get my drift:irked:) keep up the good work:)

Wow chels.. they look bloody awful.. hehe 31 views no comments.. must be bad!
Non-members can view Nail Critique threads too, but can't reply unless they register :wink2:

I agree with what Sam said re deeper smiles... well done you, nice 'lines of light' too :green:

They are pretty good for a first attempt :hug:
As already said I would make the smile a bit deeper for a more dramatic effect but overall a nice set of nails well done:hug:

I looked but never commented sorry:hug:

I never comment because I don't yet feel experienced enough to rate other peoples work, but for what it's worth I thought they looked great for a first attempt:hug:

I looked but never commented sorry:hug:

I never comment because I don't yet feel experienced enough to rate other peoples work, but for what it's worth I thought they looked great for a first attempt:hug:

ahh sorry.. was having a paranoid moment.. but i was trying to mask it with humour.. didnt work!! I look too.. rarely comment.. same boat!

I have put off the zone 1 because i want to do black tips.. but my black is almost gone.. so i am going to get some more today.. you can actually see my nn Fe through it so i better do it quick!:green:
was more interested in what people thought of my zones 2 and 3.. I think i have come so far.. :hug:'s to all who have helped me.. as far as zone 1 goes i will take the advice and concentrate on my corners!

i dread this shape coming into my salon lol, never get every nail the same:cry:

Hi well done
I think the zones 3 looks great .the zone 2 a little wide at the hips -this is a really difficult shape to achieve in zone 1,in my opinion if they were a little longer in length the overall look would be prettier.If you could get your smile lines a bit deeper,which judging by your work you could,it would make a big difference.
You have a lovely line of light that shines directly down the centre of ALL of the nails so they are nicely balanced which is really tricky!!
I wear the stilleto shape myself as square looks pants on me and way too fake,and i wear them long(well Geeg taught me,and she knows what works on each individuals hands)and i still will have only one nail tech shape them for me as its hard to get all 10 nails just right.
However i just love this shape and its really lovely to see different styles of nails not just square,square.square.
well done!
mrs o

I agree with everybody else. Deeper smiles would improve the overall look.

ahh sorry.. was having a paranoid moment.. but i was trying to mask it with humour.. didnt work!! I look too.. rarely comment.. same boat!

I have put off the zone 1 because i want to do black tips.. but my black is almost gone.. so i am going to get some more today.. you can actually see my nn Fe through it so i better do it quick!:green:
was more interested in what people thought of my zones 2 and 3.. I think i have come so far.. :hug:'s to all who have helped me.. as far as zone 1 goes i will take the advice and concentrate on my corners!
So easy to get paranoid isn't it.
Zones 2 & 3 look good but you really need a sidview pic to judge ZOne 2 properly.

Hi well done
I think the zones 3 looks great .the zone 2 a little wide at the hips -this is a really difficult shape to achieve in zone 1,in my opinion if they were a little longer in length the overall look would be prettier.If you could get your smile lines a bit deeper,which judging by your work you could,it would make a big difference.
You have a lovely line of light that shines directly down the centre of ALL of the nails so they are nicely balanced which is really tricky!!
I wear the stilleto shape myself as square looks pants on me and way too fake,and i wear them long(well Geeg taught me,and she knows what works on each individuals hands)and i still will have only one nail tech shape them for me as its hard to get all 10 nails just right.
However i just love this shape and its really lovely to see different styles of nails not just square,square.square.
well done!
mrs o

Thankyou so much.. exactly what i was after.. wide at the hips.. hehe i get that and yes they are a bit.. which actually makes them look a bit flat, couldnt work out why.. but i think that may be the reason.. thanks (=

thanks everyone for your input.. i am now going to go and sort out zone 1.. be back with more pics.. all your geek critique is much appreciated and definately valued! cheeers!

:hug: No it's me who should be sorry I would have been paranoid too:hug: It has taught me for future, cos I would hate it to happen to mexxxxxxx

I know others mentioned it, but I just want to put in my input. I like the shape, something's new, not the same old same old boring shapes (and of course it's a lot harder to shape these than square). And like others I prefer the smile line a bit deeper to elongate the nails (have your nails just a bit longer would help). Pretty good for your first attempt:hug:

They look great for a first attempt. I havent had the pleasure of doing these yet and i am dreading the day that i do as i can jus see myself filing away to nothing :lol:
jen xx

.........very different shape, well done!!

they are fab as 1st attempt.....well done :hug:

Latest posts

Back