First balayage, criticism please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Hi all got an old doll out to practice the above, trying to do ombré/balayage, I can't seem to get a good picture of the colour think because it's getting dark in my house and even with the light on the picture isn't showing it off.

I'm not greatly happy with it and I think it could be for the following reasons:

1. I didn't have enough product on my brush(thought if it was just a little it would blend better)
2. My sections were too thick
3. Iv put too much product on the ends

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407011067.733508.jpg

Hi all got an old doll out to practice the above, trying to do ombré/balayage, I can't seem to get a good picture of the colour think because it's getting dark in my house and even with the light on the picture isn't showing it off.

I'm not greatly happy with it and I think it could be for the following reasons:

1. I didn't have enough product on my brush(thought if it was just a little it would blend better)
2. My sections were too thick
3. Iv put too much product on the ends

View attachment 71860

heyy like the colour all id do different is do it a little higher up at the sides hun to blend it abit so it like fades from dark to light but to say its your first its good xx

heyy like the colour all id do different is do it a little higher up at the sides hun to blend it abit so it like fades from dark to light but to say its your first its good xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407013706.693959.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407013764.092736.jpg

Hi thanks for your reply yeah I think it's maybe to low for the length, I though with doing the freehand it would blend that in , can definitely see what you mean thanks for that xx

That's really nice, it's not easy as you think is it lol x

That's really nice, it's not easy as you think is it lol x

nooo its not at all lol but u have to do a few regular to be confident i think what i do is ive got a long cutting comb which i will apply the colour on the teeth and just comb and just carry this method on till i feel it is even xx

Ah that's a good idea, yeah il maybe try rope a few friends in and do it on them get some practice before anyone does actually ask me for this lol x

Ah that's a good idea, yeah il maybe try rope a few friends in and do it on them get some practice before anyone does actually ask me for this lol x

yea do lol its alot easyer than doing a dolls head i hate the bloody things and yes just give it. try i also got like a big spatular from wholesalers to help but found i was more confident with the comb see what works best for u xx

yea do lol its alot easyer than doing a dolls head i hate the bloody things and yes just give it. try i also got like a big spatular from wholesalers to help but found i was more confident with the comb see what works best for u xx

im doing 1 on tuesday comming i will send u a pic when ive done it xx

Excellent that would be great thanks so much xx

That looks good, I definitely need to practice lol thanks for your help xx

Looks lovely mollie! All id say from myself learning balayage is go higher up with the prelightener. It looks bloody scary lol as u think it's not going to blend well but it does! Look at the ones iv done and put on here- each time iv been abit more brave with how high I take it and I feel they look better for it :) well done tho xx

Thanks Charlotte yours looks amazing, yeah I can defo see that I should have took it up higher for the length of hair, I'm going to recolour this doll back to dark and then try again lol I think I also should have done more balayage, will do again and be more brave lol thanks Charlotte xx

Thanks Charlotte yours looks amazing, yeah I can defo see that I should have took it up higher for the length of hair, I'm going to recolour this doll back to dark and then try again lol I think I also should have done more balayage, will do again and be more brave lol thanks Charlotte xx

Yes give it another go! Practice makes perfect! :) start from the bottom and work your way up take smaller sections from the bottom that ur balayaging on and take a bigger section at the top that ur working with (so your bringing the top back hair bak together) if that makes any sence!? Lol. I'm so bad at explaining what I mean!!! And put lots of little balayge pieces in between your main 3 lines . Round the face put lots to make client feel nice and light round there :) Xx

Great advice thanks a lot :) xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407405528.651617.jpg
This my before and after, she was heavily highlighted before so used her base colour stretched it down then did two colours on the ends alternating..

Latest posts

Back