First booking! Scared! Any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Hey have just got my first booking since opening a few weeks ago, and I'm really nervous! They are booked in for a brow tidy and lash tint which are pretty straight forward but I just hope it all goes OK! She's part of the military community so it's vital it goes well, as everyone knows everyone.

Also can I just say, since having Facebook and joining appropriate groups, I have been inundated with enquiries! It's brilliant! It's about 100 times better than all the local directories and the usual routes. Seriously consider it if you haven't already but make sure you get a personal account too. X

Great news, good luck!

Which groups did you join? x

It's the Military Wives one. Thankyou. Xx

By the way, you don't need any advice. You will be brilliant ;) x

Two more clients booked! So chuffed! FB is the way ahead I think! Xx

Well done and lots of luck!! Eeeeeeek! :)

Well done, may you be blessed with success. x

Oh thanks girls! I hope this is a sign of things to come, not just a one off! Lol. Xx

By the way, you don't need any advice. You will be brilliant ;) x

Thankyou. Two appointments are for Brow tidys and Lash Tints, and the others for a pedicure and French manicure and these are all things I am confident in, but still, I want to make sure everything is perfect and I come across well. I'm getting my special Yankee candle out so it smells lovely in there! And I've been cleaning my staircase, hoovering it and painting over any little marks on the walls! I can't bear dirt and am such a perfectionist! Gonna make sure the window is open an hour before to make sure there is plenty of fresh air in there too.

My work experience was in a mega dirty, unprofessional salon so i've gone the polar opposite! Probably not a bad thing. Lol. Xx

Best of luck to you ! You will be fabulous :hug:

What do you mean about FB I get confused by it;) I have personal account should I set up new FB for jbeauty couture sorry I'm a bit dumb when it comes to all of this :idea:

Ahhhh congrats!

I did afew practice tans on friends last week and they have ALL rebooked as paying customers - that feeling is sooo good lol!

Congrats and Im sure you'll do FANTASTIC!!

xx

Best of luck to you ! You will be fabulous :hug:

What do you mean about FB I get confused by it;) I have personal account should I set up new FB for jbeauty couture sorry I'm a bit dumb when it comes to all of this :idea:
Well I have both a personal account and a business account, my personal account admins for my business account. My business account has a likes tab so people like it and I think it gets saved on there profile that they like it.
I'm not sure if you haven't already, but maybe join some groups in your area on FB, and mention what you do. I got an amazing response! I think it helps make your business more personal as they get to see the real you and chat to you. If you do this already sorry as I don't want to teach grannies to suck eggs! Lol. X

Ahhhh congrats!

I did afew practice tans on friends last week and they have ALL rebooked as paying customers - that feeling is sooo good lol!

Congrats and Im sure you'll do FANTASTIC!!

xx
Thanks! And congratulations to you too. Xx

Oh I'm so pleased for you- you don't need any advice as you've been preparing and working hard for this for ages- you'll do great! Xx

Oh I'm so pleased for you- you don't need any advice as you've been preparing and working hard for this for ages- you'll do great! Xx

Thanks I hope so! I talk really fast when I'm nervous and get all scatter brained so I'm hoping I'll just relax and do it nicely!

Also if I'm nervous it will make the client nervous! Ahhhh! Lol.

Haha I do that too, I come out with the biggest pile of rubbish lol but then I talk a lot anyway do they get used to it :)
As long as you make them feel like the most important person in the world for the time you're treating them they won't care how fast you speak it what rubbish you say, they'll live you and will def come back. Plus they know this is a new career for you, it would be weird if you weren't a bit nervous.

Sorry hit send before I'd finished lol
I've been qualified for 7 years and still get nervous sometimes. I have a pamper party on sat night and it's all close friends, some of whom have never come to me for treatments so I'm determined to give them A list treatment to prove what I can do and I'm really nervous lol
Don't sweat it, you'll do great cx

Sorry hit send before I'd finished lol
I've been qualified for 7 years and still get nervous sometimes. I have a pamper party on sat night and it's all close friends, some of whom have never come to me for treatments so I'm determined to give them A list treatment to prove what I can do and I'm really nervous lol
Don't sweat it, you'll do great cx

Oooo good luck!
Well I'm good at making people feel important, so hopefully that will distract them from my ditziness. I just cringe at my phone convo with one of them, I swear at one point I was like 'I'm not going to patch test it in your actual eye!'

What was I thinking!! Why did I say something so ridiculous? Lol. Of course she won't think that! Dumb, dumb, dumb! *smacks forehead*

I used to work in a clothes shop years ago, one of those trendy ones where the sales assistant (me) wont leave you alone and tries to be your best mate to get you to spend money lol
Anyway, one day our big boss was in so everyone was really nervous and I was chatting to (pestering) a customer. The big boss was standing listening to me so I got really nervous and started talking utter nonsense. The lady mentioned she was going on a cruise, to which I replied oh I was on a cruise once, it was lovely. The lady continued chatting about her impending expensive holiday when I blurted out, right enough it caught fire and sank last year, pretty dangerous!
The lady just looked at me and the big boss was not impressed... Xx

I used to work in a clothes shop years ago, one of those trendy ones where the sales assistant (me) wont leave you alone and tries to be your best mate to get you to spend money lol
Anyway, one day our big boss was in so everyone was really nervous and I was chatting to (pestering) a customer. The big boss was standing listening to me so I got really nervous and started talking utter nonsense. The lady mentioned she was going on a cruise, to which I replied oh I was on a cruise once, it was lovely. The lady continued chatting about her impending expensive holiday when I blurted out, right enough it caught fire and sank last year, pretty dangerous!
The lady just looked at me and the big boss was not impressed... Xx
Haha, I think our brains may be the same! Lol. X

Latest posts

Back