First booking tomorrow - Very nervous

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tell me tell me tell me !!! excited !!! free advertising = more profit for Jollyon clothes:green::green::green::green::green::green:

Last edited:
helloooooooo, is the website gumtree or something.?

i typed her website name into google because i couldnt open her site and it only opened some advertising thing on gumtree??:irked:

i too am interested in this :green:

helloooooooo, is the website gumtree or something.?

i typed her website name into google because i couldnt open her site and it only opened some advertising thing on gumtree??:irked:

i too am interested in this :green:

I'm off to flourish the fruit of my business on gumtree then :green: woot :green:

Im back!! just been doing a work out dvd with my sis, i gave up after half hour lol..

Yes was very disheartening she was only 15!! but had her mum coming with her. It has put the dampens on things a little bit to be honest but will try not to let it get to me.

Website wasnt gumtree im on there but not had anyone from there yet its yell.com free listing bit :green:.
xxx

Ooh by the way my website is under contruction at the mo thats why its not at access but will be tommorow ive changed the style of it completly xx

Do you know I signed up to a fair few of those free advertising sites and I never got 1 client from them!

xxxxx

Yes ive had quite a lot of business from the free yell.com listing.You can also have a free listing in the yellow pages book and thomsons.

FreeIndex is a good one - I've had a few calls from there

hth

Yeah yell.com is great! i got that silly girl that was supposed to come today (in which she gave a very silly excuse) got her from there got another booked late january thats two ladies mum and daughter got them from yell. and my sisters friends which already know about me xx

Im back!! just been doing a work out dvd with my sis, i gave up after half hour lol..

Yes was very disheartening she was only 15!! but had her mum coming with her. It has put the dampens on things a little bit to be honest but will try not to let it get to me.

Website wasnt gumtree im on there but not had anyone from there yet its yell.com free listing bit :green:.
xxx

Forgive me, but from previous posts I thought you were only 16 yourself.. good job her mum was supposed to be coming with her as surely for insurance purposes you may need a signature.

How did you get on with the council anyway?:irked:

Rebekah,
consider the fact that some of the calls could be off competitors.

I once got begged to do a mobile treatment that wasn't in my area. It didn't feel right somehow, and I when I turned up, the house was empty and up for sale.

I then sussed out, the reason why I didn't 'feel right' was because I recognised her voice, it was a competitor.

Yes ive had quite a lot of business from the free yell.com listing.You can also have a free listing in the yellow pages book and thomsons.

I agree, yell.com has bought me alot of business too - so much so that this year, I have upgraded to an 'enhanced' (gettit :green:) listing :)

sorry, that pun was terrible lol x

Forgive me, but from previous posts I thought you were only 16 yourself.. good job her mum was supposed to be coming with her as surely for insurance purposes you may need a signature.

How did you get on with the council anyway?:irked:

Yeah im 16. I dont think i would need signiture aslong as i got permission that should be ok.

I havent got round to speaking to them yet i prob wont end up doing the garage as its qwite expensive to do, ive made my spare old room into a salon and looks qwite good clean,fresh and professional xx

I did have a phase of putting the salon on them, and i did get busier. I think it was half coincidence tho! lol.

I do get a few clients from further afield from the website, which is currently not working GRR!!! And some have proved to be very loyal clients even though soe of them are travelling quite far. So im chuffed with that!!

It cant hurt to take an hour to sign up toa few free sites a week, you wont lose anything and you may get a few clients from it!!

for instance if someone searches "beauty birmingham" or "beauty ....." whatever area they want, it sometimes comes up with one of these free directories.

like i said cant hurt!! and its freeee. :green:

(u might want to set up a diff email addy to register though so u dont get spammed!)

I rang the council about working at home and as long as where i am working has no separate access and is not converted for sole use they were not in anyway interested.They didnt even bother taking my number.

Yeah im 16. I dont think i would need signiture aslong as i got permission that should be ok.

I havent got round to speaking to them yet i prob wont end up doing the garage as its qwite expensive to do, ive made my spare old room into a salon and looks qwite good clean,fresh and professional xx

Don't NEED a signature :eek: Have you checked with your insurance company!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fairly sure that even running a business in the spare room of your house, under the circumstances, i.e. council rented property.Could be a potential 'no no' from your local authority. I'd be checking before you do any clients if I were you.

Last edited:
Don't NEED a signature :eek: Have you checked with your insurance company!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fairly sure that even running a business in the spare room of your house, under the circumstances could be a potential 'no no' from your local authority. I'd be checking before you do any clients if I were you.

Yes course i checked they said aslong as you have personally spoke to the parent and they have agreed to the treatment then i can go ahead with it.

Just a quick reminder that we are ALL here to help each other out and not to ridicule each other with jibes and subtle side swipes.

If we can't be civil with each other on the forums then perhaps we need to rethink why we're here!?

Irrespective of age, experience or training, we can all learn from each other and all help each other.

Let's keep it constructive... Happy Geeking :green:

Yes course i checked they said aslong as you have personally spoke to the parent and they have agreed to the treatment then i can go ahead with it.

Just to add...I have client consultation cards & if there under 16 there parent has to sign it , so there is a signiture xx

Ohhhhh... Don't you have client consultation cards then. I know my insurance company requires a signature, and I haven't come across many that dont.

For instance... What would you do if something went wrong, i.e. a reaction to your treatment and the parent then claimed against you/ your insurance, then it would be the parents word against yours over whether they allowed you to carry out the treatment.
No signature = No proof!!

Latest posts

Back