First booking tomorrow - Very nervous

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhhhh... Don't you have client consultation cards then. I know my insurance company requires a signature, and I haven't come across many that dont.

For instance... What would you do if something went wrong, i.e. a reaction to your treatment and the parent then claimed against you/ your insurance, then it would be the parents word against yours over whether they allowed you to carry out the treatment.
No signature = No proof!!

Ekkkkk! As per my quotes I hope this is considered as constructive. All I have provided is advice here!

Ohhhhh... Don't you have client consultation cards then. I know my insurance company requires a signature, and I haven't come across many that dont.

For instance... What would you do if something went wrong, i.e. a reaction to your treatment and the parent then claimed against you/ your insurance, then it would be the parents word against yours over whether they allowed you to carry out the treatment.
No signature = No proof!!

Yes i have client consultation cards .

I think for spray tans you will be ok just if working from a room in your house as long as it isnt made entirely into a salon for sole use and is still used as a bedroom etc.

I think for spray tans you will be ok just if working from a room in your house as long as it isnt made entirely into a salon for sole use and is still used as a bedroom etc.

Yeah its still half salon half bedroom but as my room is soo big it could be done which is good :green: xx

You also need to inform the insurance company whom you have your buildings and your contents insurance with if you work a business from home, whether you have clients coming to your home or not. If you have to file a claim for anything that would be their "get out clause" for not paying your claim if they found out about it, regardless of what you were claiming for and whether it related to the business use or not.

So many rules and regulations!

Marion x

if a client broke their leg leaving your premises, they could possibly sue. So public liability cover is a must.

Getting back on track :wink2: How can we avoid getting duped by the competition or timewasters making false appointments?

How can we take a deposit at the time of booking if we don't have a credit card machine?

Ideas anyone?

Getting back on track :wink2: How can we avoid getting duped by the competition or timewasters making false appointments?

How can we take a deposit at the time of booking if we don't have a credit card machine?

Ideas anyone?

Short of taking their address, phone number and having a rather useful baseball bat I'm not sure what could be done, I use my card machine :green:

Taking phone numbers and giving clients a courtesy call the day before is a good one...you don't have to do this with every client...as they become regulars you wouldn't need to...but for new clients it works well.

Don't worry Rebekah we have all had them. xx

A couple of Salons down my way ask for a cash deposit on all treatments prior to appointment.
It did use to work for them, however of late alot of peeps have been complaining thats its a bit of a pain having to travel to them to drop off a deposit then back again to have the treatment done!

I think it depends on the client, I know for a fact I wouldnt have half my clients if I had've asked for a deposit first, nothing bad its just the way ther are you know!

Its an idea though Rebekah!?

xxxx:hug:

You also need to inform the insurance company whom you have your buildings and your contents insurance with if you work a business from home, whether you have clients coming to your home or not. If you have to file a claim for anything that would be their "get out clause" for not paying your claim if they found out about it, regardless of what you were claiming for and whether it related to the business use or not.

So many rules and regulations!

Marion x

yes you do and of course you should also have your personal insurance for spraytanning..my beauty insurance cover is with professional beauty direct so if i rip someones eyebrow off and they sue me for 2 million pound because they are a potential super model hopefully they will pay instead of me.

Short of taking their address, phone number and having a rather useful baseball bat I'm not sure what could be done, I use my card machine :green:

it depends how far away their appointment is, if its say a week away they can post u a cheque. even if you dont cash it and give it thm back at their appointment and they can pay cash or whatever. AND dont forget online payments such as paypal. you can set up a link from you website which means they can transfer the money. Yes it will incurr a charge, approx 20p i think, but its better than having a time waster. and you can refund the money if need be, ie if they cancel within the time.

Personally, i dont bother, and if i have a no show i put my feet up for a bit and come on here, lol, but my treatment times are smaller than those of a nail tech. I will take a deposit if the client comes in to book, and seems unreliable or if they are a new face. regulars know they have to cancel with 24 hours anyway. i often get txts middle of the night to cancel cuz they forgot and just remembered and dont wanna get charged / p*ss me off lol.

Taking phone numbers and giving clients a courtesy call the day before is a good one...you don't have to do this with every client...as they become regulars you wouldn't need to...but for new clients it works well.

As Bagpuss has said,this is what i do...i find it has worked for new clients,then as they become regular i do not have to do this.:)

Thanks for your advice, i think its a little hard to have a cancelation fee as some people will be like whatever im not paying that, and sometimes it is hard to get a deposit this may put some clients off. I think because the girl was 15 this is why, i think adults wouldnt be doing this unless there was a very valid reason, its just something i have to put up with.xx p.s i might put an age limit of 16 on spray tans. x

sorry to say 'adults' are even worse!!!

Thanks for your advice, i think its a little hard to have a cancelation fee as some people will be like whatever im not paying that, and sometimes it is hard to get a deposit this may put some clients off. I think because the girl was 15 this is why, i think adults wouldnt be doing this unless there was a very valid reason, its just something i have to put up with.xx p.s i might put an age limit of 16 on spray tans. x

aww ive been on yell.com for about a year and half and never had a call from it...

think im in the wrong industry.!

aww nevermind. Glad your getting calls from it chick x

aww ive been on yell.com for about a year and half and never had a call from it...

think im in the wrong industry.!

aww nevermind. Glad your getting calls from it chick x

Thanks hun, its worth going on all the free website's as its free and you wont loose nothing from it, there are qwite allot out there.Hope u get something from them xx

too right hun get your hand in everything that "could" bring clients your way!!

sorry your client didnt turn up hun , neve mind we have all had a few of em :eek: you get used to it eventually (well it still pees you off )
so whens your next client booked in then ? hope it goes well for ya (am sure it will ) xxxx

sorry your client didnt turn up hun , neve mind we have all had a few of em :eek: you get used to it eventually (well it still pees you off )
so whens your next client booked in then ? hope it goes well for ya (am sure it will ) xxxx

My next unknown client is 30th of jan but im hoping another unknown person will book in between then, Got my sister to do today and my other sister to do tommorow.xx

Latest posts

Back