first Bridal Make-up... any ideas???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleyJoyce

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just been recommeded to do someones bridal makeup but I haven't yet done my makeup training although I will have done by the wedding. I'm quite confident with makeup but would love to hear of your thoughts and any pictures you may have. :confused:

Good luck, you will enjoy it, doing bridal makeup is great and the feeling you get when the client is happy with the makeup is great. You just need confidence and you will be fine. I did a bridal trial for a lady last week and she was soooooo happy and excited by the time id finished it, on the day of her wedding i have her and 4 bridesmaids to do. Just enjoy the day and enjoy the work. Get some practise in on friends and family beforehand take photos and get yourself a portfolio made:)

Hiya i dont want to sound harsh but they should not have recommended you when you havnt done your training.
When a client comes to you or enquires about a makeover you need to know what you are doing.
I would keep a portfolio of before and after then you can show clients what you can do when you have finished your training.

Thank you, I think that's what I needed to hear. Wedding work is really what I have been interested in for a while, I just love weddings....

Hiya i dont want to sound harsh but they should not have recommended you when you havnt done your training.
When a client comes to you or enquires about a makeover you need to know what you are doing.
I would keep a portfolio of before and after then you can show clients what you can do when you have finished your training.

I agree, my friend didn't realise I hadn't yet covered make-up in my course, obviously I don't think I would have done a brides make-up before having the training as it is such a special day and wouldn't like to charge for just the make-up knowledge/experience I have at moment.

Will take pics!!!

Just get lots of practice in and do wedding , proms and day and evening makeup and put them all in a portfolio so you can show your clients i did 4 weddings last year and i get to do all the proms as well and its all been word of mouth best of luck

Just get lots of practice in and do wedding , proms and day and evening makeup and put them all in a portfolio so you can show your clients i did 4 weddings last year and i get to do all the proms as well and its all been word of mouth best of luck

How did you get into doing the prom makeup? Just wondering this as i am getting quite a few bridal enquiries etc now but i would like to promote myself for proms for makeup and tanning?:)

Latest posts

Back