First day as a non smoker!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mally123pink

Reaction score
I have done it, I have bought the patches and stuck it on this morning, It is driving me crazy and I don't know why, how can something so disgusting take over your body like that!
They may be disgusting but I want one, i want one, i want one!!

..... but I am not!

Anyone else found it really hard? This is my first day and i feel like banging my head against the wall

:grr:

I feel for you I really do hun, I quit 10 weeks ago and I wont lie, it was and still is a daily challenge and battle of wills, but you can do it, ust stay focused and determined!! Treat yourself each week with th money not spent on cigarettes, and enjoy not smelling of smoke. Its liberating it really is!! Xx

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Thank you so much, I wish i could put the money away and watch it grow (wanting Viv Westwood bubblegum shoes :wink2:) BUT got a huge mortgage payment due next week so everything i could have saved is going on that. My OH isn't helping though, he has been smoking mine so obviously this morning when there weren't any he has raided my purse to go and buy some. I almost gave in but thought NO RACHEL NO!
I can't wait to get to work tomorrow, I don't smoke at work so I may find it a little easier.

Well done for 10 weeks of non smoking - i hope i can do this too!

Good luck Rachel! Be brave! What a great step and beginning of a new life!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! It will be hard but stick to your decision and if you feel weak think about the moment you've made this decision and how proud you will be of yourself when you break the habit for ever!!!

All the best xxxx:hug:

I too stopped 5 weeks ago as I found out I was pregnant (first child) fortunately I've been so sick I haven't missed it at all. Can't even stand the smell of it on my husband as he's still smoking :evil: Keep strong, it'll be worth it, just keep telling yourself you were paying money to kill yourself :hug:

Good luck missy, trust me when i say you may find yourself having strop attacks unnecessarly, couple of the guys have just quit and one in particular had noticed how much more snacks his having! Try out the pen, i find having something in you hands prevents you as its the motion of smoking, hopefully do you wonders! xoxo

Good luck to both of you x
I quit smoking 4 years ago, then took another year to quit the nicotine replacement tablets :)
It is hard, I found as long as I kept in my mind that I chose to give up and why I chose to give up I was able to resist the urges.

I quit a 3 pack a day habit in 1991. It is difficult but SO worth it! Keep up the good work. The cravings WILL pass! :)

I wish you the best of luck as you begin your journey. I know it'll be tough. In 30 years, I've watched my husband fail miserably because he wasn't devoted. But you are, SO YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!!!

Good luck! I am useless, have tried so many times to do it and just fail each time. Can't afford it, it stinks, it tastes disgusting and it's selfish yet I just can't stop!! :(
So you're doing better than me already!!!! :wink2:
I really must stop, we spend an obscene amount each month, it's truly disgusting :o
Keep it up!!!!! Xx

If youv got a child just think of that advert with the smoke coming out of the babies mouth,then look at your child and youl stop in no time!people say u should only do it for yourself but i think as a parent theres no bigger incentive than your child good luck!xx

Sent from my X10i

Good luck ladies. I wish you all the best.

Mally I hope this evening has been ok for you. The first 3/4 days are the worst as the nicotine withdrawals. Then the moody, crying, sulky teenager stage, then grumbly tummy, then it gets easier and easier.

I have just celebrated my one year of being a non-smoker (I had hypnotherapy).

Planky don't be so hard on yourself. I remember the last thread you did and you were really giving yourself a hard time. I think it's just that you're not ready. You've given all those reasons why you should, but left out one which is why you're probably not, because at the end of the day, you enjoy it, and you're not ready (yet) to quit. You can give 100 reasons why you shouldn't but until you are 100% in your mind that you don't want to quit, no amount of pills, potions or willpower will make you, until you WANT to, and I mean really want to.

There's nothing wrong in enjoying smoking. My giddy-god, I loved it, really!! But I knew about 2 years ago, when I started hacking and coughing I didn't want that for myself. It took a year for me to really give up, so seriously don't beat yourself up, there's nothing wrong, with not being ready yet! :)

i was a smoker for years, tried quitting loads of times, but failed miserably because i used to say i actually enjoyed smoking???
i quit 9 days ago. The first day wasn't so bad, the 3rd day was hell! now its getting easier.. watching my money mount in my 'cash is better than ash' jar! (already in just 9 days i have £43!!!) to think that in another 3 days i will have over £100 keeps me going, and also knowing that whilst i dont smoke i am in control, rather than smoking controlling me.
stay strong. stick at it, you can do it!!!

Thank you so much everyone! Your comments have really helped.

It is official.... 24 whole hours!

Today was hard but I nearly gave in so many times, all I kept thinking about is how hard I had worked all day and I put myself through that just to give up! Nah!

I am proud of myself and hope everyone else who has given up or even just thinking about is too.

Thank you again x x x

Well done Mally. Keep going :) It will get easier.

So proud of you Mally, its not easy but you are made of strong stuff. You are over the hardest part so stay strong and poison free.

Ive been smoke free for over 10 years, and will never ever start again because those first 4 or 5 days of quiting are soooo hard. I dont ever want to go through that again.

Stay strong and enjoy, sweeter breath, whiter teeth, fresh smelling hair, stain free fingers and nails, lungs that will thank you.

Rebecca

One day down and the rest of your life to look forward to!

Thank you Cynthia, that was a really great reply :hug: I WILL do it but when I'm ready like you say.

WTG Mally!! How are you feeling today? Keep up the good work xxxx

The end of day four and I feel great. I am shocked I have done it, really really proud of myself. I think I have done so well because everyone doubted me ( except you guys, thank you!). I told my sister in law on day 2 and she laughed when I said I had only gone a day. It's made me more determined now though. Thank you again everyone x x x

Well done your doing great!
It is hard and I dont now that the craving ever fully goes away, it hasnt for me, but its more an occasional niggle then anything stronger.

The less you allow yourself to think about it the easier it becomes.

For me this meant changing my whole routine, as I would smoke in the car, I'd put on music I couldnt resist singing to so I didnt get bored, I changed my working hours slightly and worked more to keep busy, it was the habit more then the need for me that I had to crack.

I honestly feel so much better... I'm sure you will too xx

Latest posts

Back