First day of Autumn!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanosnana

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I love the cooler, shorter days. I love the changing colors of leaves. I love the smell of burning leaves. I love raking leaves. I love watching my grandson jumping on the pile of leaves and the smile on his face. I love pumpkins everywhere. I love fall fashions. I love that I can wear a jacket.

What do you love about autumn?

Autumn reminds me of when my children were both born. My daughter was 1st October and my son 2nd October (1 year apart). I love when it's sunny but cool and I adore the colours of this season. Autumn also reminds me of when my Westie was a pup. When I would take him for walks through the leaves he would come to a sudden halt and would refuse to move if one leaf got stuck on him. After every few minutes we would have to stop and remove just one tiny leaf from his fur otherwise he just wouldn't move. It was so funny.

My kids are autumn kids, too. My first was born Oct. 10 and my second was born Nov. 7. Also, my grandson was born Oct. 19. I LOVE fall!

I never really cared for autumn up until a week ago. My son has just started full time school 4 weeks ago & last week he came home tellin me all about the stuff they have learnt about autumn at school :) he tells me all the different colours of leaves, when they fall, if they crunch when they're brown but not when they are yellow haha so i LOVE listening to him talk about it x

Well it was winter last week but summer today! Beautiful sunshine and hot enough for bare arms. Its still full daylight now, we'll see what tomorrow brings :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love it D'Nana!. Love the sights, sounds, tastes, smells, feeling...... beautiful colours of nature, candles, the first fire lit in the grate, crunching leaves, baked potatoes, bonfires and soft jumpers and leather boots.
Love looking for conkers with the littlies, dark colours on my nails and planning for the"C" season xx

Yes Dande, bonfires, candles, etc. I'm having a bonfire now and I will be burning my fave candle in a bit...Bath & Bodyworks Fireside Marshmallow-YUM!

Putting lamps on, but leaving the curtains open......slow-cooked food in the oven......favourite gloves coming out of the drawer..... changing perfumes to a headier mix....leaving off the faux tan but smoothing on the body oils.....

I absolutely love Autumn...just the feeling in the air gets me really excited, I can't explain it.

I get a warm excited feeling in my tummy, that almost makes me a bit anxious.

I was telling friends about it the other day, and they thought I was mad.

I love the evenings getting dark early, snuggling with candles lit.

I love winter clothes, big coats, boots, scarves, gloves and hats.

I love the smell in the air, bonfires, cinnamon, mulled wine, mince pies (reminds me, I've still got a Christmas pudding in the cupboard!).

I love getting my daughter dressed up for halloween.

I love bonfire night and smuggling a flask of mulled wine to the local display.

Then in December in my other halves birthday, my daughters birthday and my birthday!

I really do love Autumn/Winter x

I love the changes of seasons especially autumn. I like getting my wooly jumpers out, wearing dark vampy nails and wearing darker eye makeup. But then I like it when spring comes around and the snowdrops and daffodils come up. By then I am wanting to wear more lighter summery makeup.

Latest posts

Back