First ever client next week, any top tips for lash lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little*Miss

Reaction score
Evening all!

I have just (yesterday) finished my training in LVL and have my first client next week. I have no previous beauty experience so know the basics of what I've been taught.

Does anyone have any top tips for lifting or for becoming a self employed business lady.

I am so worried one my lifts won't take it hold and I'm also worried about getting ladies through the door!

Honestly my hat goes off to you all as it's much harder than it looks this beauty bizz!

Thank you in advance!

When you are starting off into a new venture it is always a bit nerve wrecking at first but you will soon find your feet. If you got on well with your case studies you have nothing to worry about as you could just pretend its another case study which could help and calm the nerves?

I was really nervous about my first few lifts not taking. I decided to ask friends/regular clients if they would like to try it as a 'model' lift where I could take photos to use in my portfolio and only charge a reduced amount. Once I had done about 8, I advertised on my Facebook page and did an introductory offer for the month. I've so far done about 11 with a couple more booked in. I still feel a bit nervous but I allow myself plenty of time between clients as I don't have to rush. If I'm not happy with rod placement, I just start again and take my time getting all the lashes up on the rod.

Where you taught with the rods or shields? I personally prefer the shields but its maybe a bit personal preference and if you were taught with the shields it could be better to stick with that?

Hello ladies,

Thank you for the advice!

I'm trained on the shields. I saw my first client for her patch test yesterday and she has really hooded eyes so I'm ever more nervous now! Honestly I take my hat off to you girls it's so much harder than it looks! :)

Hello ladies,

I'm trained on the shields. I saw my first client for her patch test yesterday and she has really hooded eyes so I'm ever more nervous now! Honestly I take my hat off to you girls it's so much harder than it looks! :)

Don’t forget to slightly lift just below the brow as this helps to get the rod in the correct place, I’m sorry I’ve not used shields but imagine it’s very similar?
Best of luck xx

Hello ladies,

Hi, just wondering how you have been getting on since your last post? I did my first lift today after a bit of a summer break. For some reason I felt nervous again, I wonder when I will stop feeling nervous? x

Latest posts

Back