First ever go at Kooky Wraps...rather fiddly!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankie91

Reaction score
Hello.
I am wanting to start offering kooky to my treatment list and wanted to have my first ever go at a nail wrap today!
Well...it was on my friends toes which are rather dinky and it took me about an hour and a half :-/
I made sure the cuticle work was done correctly and that I removed the shine from the surface and sanitised the nail too.

Do you find kooky are better to work with using a bit of heat?

If you recommend heat, what do you use?

I am looking into doing training too, once my pennies have saved up as its very expensive where I am in yorkshire.

She left and I still felt that they would lift up at the sidewalls.

P.S. can't upload a photo on my phone, the app won't let me. So will upload on my laptop later x x

I swere your ment to use heat ie a hair dryer or something with the Kooky wraps. Also to upload a picture via the app you click open advanced options then select your camera etc. hope this helps xxx

Sorry it says it can't find the page xx

I swere your ment to use heat ie a hair dryer or something with the Kooky wraps. Also to upload a picture via the app you click open advanced options then select your camera etc. hope this helps xxx

Where are advanced options? It won't let me do anything with a camera. How annoying the link doesn't work x

Hello.
I am wanting to start offering kooky to my treatment list and wanted to have my first ever go at a nail wrap today!
Well...it was on my friends toes which are rather dinky and it took me about an hour and a half :-/
I made sure the cuticle work was done correctly and that I removed the shine from the surface and sanitised the nail too.

Do you find kooky are better to work with using a bit of heat?

If you recommend heat, what do you use?

I am looking into doing training too, once my pennies have saved up as its very expensive where I am in yorkshire.

She left and I still felt that they would lift up at the sidewalls.

You don't need to use heat with Kooky. I had a look at your picture and one of the big toes does look like it may be touching the sidewall, so may be at risk of lifting.

Are you practicing on your own toes too? For fine detailing, you could try placing the Kooky on the toe and then make an outline in the wrap where it needs trimming. Then gently bring the wrap away to give you enough wrap to trim.

It's not as easy as it looks, even when you do your own and get good results, as I found out!

You don't need to use heat with Kooky. I had a look at your picture and one of the big toes does look like it may be touching the sidewall, so may be at risk of lifting.

Are you practicing on your own toes too? For fine detailing, you could try placing the Kooky on the toe and then make an outline in the wrap where it needs trimming. Then gently bring the wrap away to give you enough wrap to trim.

It's not as easy as it looks, even when you do your own and get good results, as I found out!

Thanks for looking at my photo. I made extract sure it wasn't touching any sidewalls or skin. I haven't had a go on mine yet, this was the first set I've ever done.

I didn't use heat but felt the wrap wasn't sat properly down. Do you just use your thumbs?
Thanks

Ah, maybe it was just the camera angle that made it look like it.

I pick up the wrap with the pointed end of my hoof stick, place it, then press using my thumbs. I then go over using my hoof stick to ensure they are fully pressed down all around.

The more you do it on yourself, the more you will get used to it. But it won't make any other toes easier (it didn't me)! The training should give you all the tips and tricks for less than perfect toes.

I think you have done a really good job for your first attempt without training. I bet they will be on for weeks.

Ah, maybe it was just the camera angle that made it look like it.

I pick up the wrap with the pointed end of my hoof stick, place it, then press using my thumbs. I then go over using my hoof stick to ensure they are fully pressed down all around.

The more you do it on yourself, the more you will get used to it. But it won't make any other toes easier (it didn't me)! The training should give you all the tips and tricks for less than perfect toes.

Do you pick the whole length of the wrap up, stick and cut off excess then file to seal?
Or do you peel and cut then apply? Or do you stick the whole wrap, and file off the remainder and stick leftover back on sheet?

I think you have done a really good job for your first attempt without training. I bet they will be on for weeks.

Thank you. I really hope they will be. Didn't realise how much money training is!

I offer up the unpeeled, uncut wrap against the toe to get a rough idea how much I will need, allowing a little over. I then cut the unpeeled wrap with my stork scissors.

Then when I peel the newly cut size off the backing, I pick up with the pointed end of the hoof stick. But I make sure I pick it up at the end that is going to get filed off, so I am not unecessarily touching the adhesive.

Oh i see! So you actually cut the shape of the nail plus a bit of extra length with the backing sheet on remove, stick and smooth, then file.
Brilliant, thank you for explaining! X x x

Latest posts

Back